Everest Base Camp & Lobuche East Peak Climbing a combination with Everest Base Camp Trekking which allows you to see more of high Khumbu and Everest region, and helps you to get well acclimatize before our actual adventure on Lobuche Peak Climbing. On this marvelous adventure enjoy the high and beautiful Khumbu valley within the shade of world highest Mt. Everest enjoy the local culture of Sherpa people of great interest, Sherpa people known as famous mountaineers and ‘High Lander of Everest’ our exciting walk leads to interesting monasteries within traditional farm villages, and into enchanting woodland covered with tall rhododendron-magnolia-pines-birch-juniper and fir trees, and into moraine filled with ice and glaciers. Lobuche Peak Climbing, a fascinating and superb adventure where it includes all the highlights in one single package all you need is your determination, positive attitude and sound health to join in our grand adventure, where Remarkable Trek will do the rest to make your dream turn into reality. Our adventure starts with short sweeping flight to Lukla, a Sherpa busy town with its unique airstrip, where our walk leads first towards Everest Base Camp after visiting interesting villages of Phakding-Monjo and at Namche Bazaar with much rest days for acclimatization enjoying the views of surrounding high peaks with Mt. Everest and majestic Amadablam, walk continues towards famous Tengboche Monastery surrounded within green pristine woodland and high giant peaks with Mt. Everest towards north. After Tengboche heading towards
Everest Base Camp & Lobuche East, After Tengboche heading towards windswept and barren territory of moraine and ice fields at Everest base camp facing notorious Khumbu Ice Fall, enjoying the walk and views heading towards Lobuche East Peak base camp, which is well hidden away from the main trekking route just near and above Thugla high ridge. Lobuche East Peak towers above 6,119 m and 20,070 ft high, climbing with grade TD taken from French and Swiss Alpine Climbing System which is used worldwide on this type of climb, as the grade which means climb of ‘Technical Difficulties’, walking on moraine and glacier with some technical difficult sections and straight forward climb to its summit top, where much patience and hardship effort required for the climb. After much preparation and practice ascent to the summit with the support of our expert guide and then on top rewards you with exceptional panorama of high snow capped mountains and beautiful valley of Khumbu, feeling in high spirit head back towards on the main trekking trail to Lukla for super scenic flight back to Kathmandu where our fantastic adventure Lobuche Peak Climbing concludes.
- Day 1 Arrival in Kathmandu 1,300 m / 4,264 ft and transfer to hotel.
On arrival at Kathmandu Tribhuvan International Airport, received by a representative of Remarkable Adventure Trek and then transfer you to your hotel around Thamel areas in the hub of the Kathmandu city. At the hotel, our guide and staff will provide information on dos and don’ts brief you with your programs on sightseeing including trek and climb of Lobuche Peak.
- Day 2 In Kathmandu with sightseeing tour and trek preparation.
After breakfast, leave the hotel for sightseeing tour around famous historical places of Kathmandu guided by Remarkable Adventure Trek City guide. Morning visit of following places starting with Kathmandu Durbar Square a UNESCO World Heritage Site of Nepal, where most of the buildings that you see dated from 15th to 18th Century. The major Interesting things to see here are “Kumari (The Living Goddess) Gar” “Kastha Mandap” Maru Ganesh, Mahadev Temple, Shiva Parvati Temple, Bhagwati Temple, Old Palace, Saraswoti Temple, Krishna Octangular Temple, Big Drums, Kal Bhairav, Jaganath Temple, and Taleju Temple. Tour of Pashupatinath Temple, one of the main temples of the Hindu listed as world heritage site, situated on the bank of Baghmati River. Only Hindus are allowed inside the main temple premises, while others can view from the bank of Baghmati River, observe pilgrims and devotees worshipping and praying the temple dedicated to Lord Shiva. Tour of Bouddhanath, one of the holiest Buddhist sites of Nepal and has four pairs of eyes. Each represents eyes of Lord Buddha. Observe people from all religions going around this stupa and spinning prayer wheels. Rest of the day free preparation for Lobuche Peak Climb with Everest Base Camp Trekking and with early departure from the hotel for scenic short flight to Lukla and onward.
- Day 3 Fly to Lukla 2,840 m / 9,317 ft trek to Phakding 2,610 m / 8,562 ft-03 hrs.
Early morning depart from the hotel transfer towards Kathmandu domestic airport for the flight to Lukla, which is the starting pointhe trek. This flight of 35 minutes, offers breathtaking views of Himalayan peaks, then finally landing at Lukla airport known as Tenzing-Hillary Airport. From Lukla starting our first-day walk heading downhill past several Sherpa farm villages with grand views of snow capped peaks and rolling hills, and finally reaching at Phakding for overnight stop by the glacial Dudh Kosi River, for energetic people can take a short hike up a nearby monastery.
- Day 4 Trek to Namche Bazaar 3,441 m / 11,190 ft -05 hrs.
Morning walk leads to cross a suspension bridge with views of Mt. Thamserku (6,618 m) and walk through small settlements of Benkar, Chumoa, and Monjo, and then enter Sagarmatha National Park to reach at Jorsale the last village before Namche, as walk progress at the confluence of Dudh Koshi and Bhote Koshi Rivers, after a pleasant walk heading uphill with first sight of Mt. Everest, slowly walk finally ends at Namche Bazaar, which is the largest Sherpa village of Khumbu and Everest area.
- Day 5 At Namche rest day for acclimatisation and optional hike.
Free day at Namche for acclimatization at this high altitude where you can adjust with the environment, being active moving up and down within periphery of Namche Bazaar, where you can take a short hike to Everest View Hotel which offer view of Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Amadablam, Thamserku, Kongde, etc. Namche is an important big village and a town of Everest and Khumbu region with great facilities of government offices, ATMs, internet cafes, shops, restaurants, and a colorful Saturday market.
- Day 6 Trek to Tengboche 3,860 m / 12,664 ft - 05 hrs.
After breakfast, we start our morning walk facing superb view of mountains with Everest, Nuptse, Lhotse, and Amadablam, the path leads at Kayangjuma, Sanasa, Phunki Thenga, from here into beautiful forest with uphill climb to Tengboche, at Tengboche with scenic surrounding of mountains, visit of Tengboche monastery. Inside the monastery witness ornate wall hangings, a 20-foot sculpture of Sakyamuni Buddha, and the musical instruments and robes of the Lamas. This monastery opens at 3:00 p.m., if we reach there by 3 p.m. with time to visit and observe the Buddhist religious ceremony. This monastery is also famous for Mani Rimdu Festival in mid-October or mid- November; its date is fixed according to the Tibetan calendar which is colorful.
- Day 7 Trek to Dingboche 4,350m -06 hrs.
With pleasant morning catching views of Everest head off to Debuche to cross a bridge over Imja Khola, walk leads through Mani (prayer) stones with views of Amadablam, and then trek further to reach at Dingboche with fantastic view of Northern Face of
Amadablam. Dingboche located at scenic Imjatse wide valley with views of Lhotse-Nuptse with Island Peak also known as Imjatse peak.
- Day 8 Rest day at Dingboche for acclimatization and with short hike.
A necessary rest day in Dingboche for proper acclimatization with stunning views of Amadablam, Lhotse, Makalu, Cholatse, and Taboche and array of peaks rising at the head of Imjatse valley, Dingboche a popular stop for trekkers with miles of stone walls guarding the crops of barley and wheat against grazing animals and cold winds.
- Day 9 Trek to Lobuche 4,910m - 05 hrs.
After a hearty breakfast, walk follows to a higher ridge and then on gradual trail reaching at Thugla often spelled as Dughla, where massive Khumbu melts into a raging icy river. From Thugla with rest heading steep up to a lateral moraine and stone memorials and which heads off to Lobuche that has number of nice lodges, on the walk close-up view of Lobuche Peaks, Khumbutse, Lingtren, and Pumori within Mahalangur Himal range.
- Day 10 Trek to Everest Base Camp 5,365 m / 17,748 ft via Gorakshep 5,145m -06 hrs.
The trail from Lobuche to Gorakshep leads further to reach over moraine of Khumbu Glacier, as the walk passes through glass pyramid sign post, with north ridge views of Everest, including Mt. Pumori, Mt. Mahalangur, Mt. Lingtern, Mt. Khumbutse, Mt. Nuptse and then reaching at Gorakshep, which was the original base camp of Everest in early days till 1970’s. After short rest stop walk leads further east on moraine above Khumbu glacier to reach at Everest Base Camp. Here enjoy the views of notorious Khumbu Ice Falls and glaciers with adjoin high peaks, in peak climbing expedition season this spot will be flooded with camping tents of all colors. After a great time achieving the highlight and the goal of the adventure return back to Gorakshep for overnight stop this will be the highest stop at 5,145 m high.
- Day 11 Hike to Kalapathar 5,545 m trek to Lobuche base camp 4,865 m - 05 hrs.
Morning a steep climb up to Kalapathar for great views of surrounding high peaks where you can witness Everest at close distance, this will be the highest spot of the adventure at 5,545 m high. After catching the beautiful panorama of mountains descend back to Gorakshep and walk to Imja Khola Valley; on the land affected by the glacier moraines, and in the midst of mountains. During pleasant walk views of high snow capped mountain with majestic Amadablam and then walk to our main highlight and goal of the adventure towards Lobuche Peak East base camp.
- Day 12 Climb to Lobuche High Camp 5,600m / 18,368 ft - 04 hrs.
Starting with gradual climb to set high camp, climbing almost four hours to reach our overnight and last camp for the climb, walk leads over rocky moraine path to reach High Camp, afternoon with final preparation for the climb, while our guide will scout the route of climbing and fixing ropes where necessary for next day ascent.
- Day 13 Climb the summit 6,119m / 20,070 ft and to Base Camp - 08 hrs.
The climb to the summit leads to steep haul; while our guide will fix rope where necessary on this tough technical ascent to reach the eastern summit of Lobuche peak, after a final push to the top with a mind-blowing panorama of mountains and valleys,certainly makes you feel on top of the world in high spirit. Enjoy the view of Mt. Everest 8,848 m, Lhotse 8,501 m, Mt. Amadablam 6,856 m, Mt. Makalu 8, 463 m, Chamlang and Baruntse peaks in the far distance, after an adventure of life time experience descend on same route to base camp.
- Day 14 Trek to Pangboche 3,985 m / 13,074 ft -06 hrs.
Today’s walk will be a much easier descending towards lower altitudes, following on the same route back into a wide valley of Imjatse Khola, past Orsho and Shomare villages and then a short climb to reach and visit the oldest Gompa of Khumbu at upper Pangboche, and then taking a regular route to lower Pangboche, a scenic village surrounded by Mt. Everest to its north with Amadablam, Thamserku, and Kangtaiga to the east, the Kongde range on the south with Imja Tse River flowing through the wide fertile valley.
- Day 15 Trek to Namche Bazaar 3,441m / 11289 ft -06 hrs.
From Pangboche, retrace the journey downhill to Imja Khola after crossing a bridge up through woodland to reach at Tengboche for interested people visit the nunnery around Tengboche monastery. After lunch at Tengboche continue walk through a hillside blanketed by rhododendron and juniper trees. After crossing the bridge over the Dudh Kosi River, trail follows up into pine forests before reaching Sansa around this area might spot some wildlife such as mountain goats, musk deer or even snow leopards, colorful pheasants Danphe (Impeyan Pheasants national bird of Nepal) while passing through the forest walk slowly reaches you at Namche after walking on gradual wide path.
- Day 16 Trek to Lukla 2,840 m / 9,317 ft - 06 hrs.
Morning after breakfast a long descend to Dudh Kosi River and then walk into Sagarmatha National Park exit point to reach Monjo village and then over a long bridge to Phakding, a gradual winding trail leads past Ghat to Choplung village with last and final climb of 40 minutes to reach at Lukla for last overnight stop around Khumbu and Everest region. Evening celebrates dinner party with crews and members after concluding a memorable and remarkable adventure on Lobuche Peak Climbing with Everest Base Camp Trekking.
- Day 17 Fly to Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
Early morning depart from Lukla for Kathmandu, a short and scenic sweeping flight brings you at Kathmandu airport and then transfer to your hotel with free afternoon for individual activities and souvenirs shopping.
- Day 18 In Kathmandu free day with optional sightseeing tour.
Remarkable Adventure Trek reserves this day as contingency day in case of flight delay from Lukla to Kathmandu, which might occur sometimes, as Himalayan weather pattern can be unpredictable with unfavorable heavy cloudy days, if all goes well as per the itinerary you can enjoy as free day for individual activities and shopping souvenirs or book for another interesting sight-seeing tour around Kathmandu-Patan and Bhaktapur.
- Day 19 International departure for homeward bound.
Your last day in amazing Nepal country of Himalayan wonders, as per your flight time transfer for your international flight with a fond memory and excellent time on Lobuche Peak Climbing with Everest Base Camp Trekking and great service of Remarkable Adventure.
Cost Information1. What's Includes
- Airport/Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private tourist vehicle.
- Standard twin sharing accommodation in a three-star hotel in Kathmandu; Breakfast included.
- Guided city tour in Kathmandu by private tourist vehicle.
- All your standard Meals (Breakfasts, Lunches, and Dinners) during the trek.
- All meals including drinks (Tea, Coffee, Hot Chocolate etc.) for during the Camping.
- Professional Climbing Guide and Camping Equipment (Camping Tents, Climbing Ropes, Ice Crew, Ice Hammer, Snow Bar etc.).
- Snacks for during the climbing.
- Lodges, Guesthouses accommodation during the trek.
- Accommodation in a tented camp (during climbing)
- Remarkable Adventure Treks’ local licensed holder English speaking guide.
- The required number of local staff and porters to carry your luggage during the trek.
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all staffs.
- Lobuche Peak Permit, Everest National Park permit and TIMS permit for trekking.
- Down Jacket and sleeping bag by Remarkable Adventure Trek (which need to be returned after the trek).
- Airfare from Kathmandu – Lukla – Kathmandu including airport departure tax in Kathmandu and Lukla airport.
- Surface transfer from and to Kathmandu.
- Free Remarkable Adventure Trek duffel/kit bag (yours to keep).
- Sightseeing/Monument entrance fees in Kathmandu on the second day.
- Farewell dinner in typical Nepali Restaurant with cultural show.
- All our government taxes, vat, tourist service charges and official expenses.
- Lunch and dinner whilst in Kathmandu.
- Travel insurance which covers emergency Rescue and Evacuation.
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- Nepal entry visa; you can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. (Tourist Visa with Multiple Entries for 30 days can be obtained by paying the US $ 40 or equivalent foreign currency. Similarly, Tourist Visa with Multiple Entries for 90 days can be obtained by paying the US $ 100. Please bring 2 copies of passport size photos).
- Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks.
- Items of a personal nature (personal trekking gear, beverages, the internet, laundry, bottled water, etc).
- Tips for trekking staffs.
- Extra night accommodation (early arrival, late departures due to weathers, and any others reasons).
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section.
Date & Availability
Frequenty Asked Question's
Trip Equipment & Packaging List
For your trip preparations Remarkable Adventure Trek provides you with related information and advice required for your adventure holiday trip in and around Nepal Himalaya and beyond, providing you with following equipment list for the trekking. If it’s too much to carry from your home country some of the necessary equipment can be hired or bought in Kathmandu around at Thamel or in Pokhara as well. Most of the equipment is general and standard lists for all seasons while on the trek but may differ as per the season and duration of trekking and areas of your chosen trip.
- Sun hat or scarf.
- Light balaclava or warm fleece headgear.
- Sun Glasses and snow goggles with UV protection.
For Lower Body:
- Under Garments.
- Hiking shorts.
- Lightweight cotton long pants.
- Light and expedition weight thermal bottoms.
- Fleece or wool pants (seasonal).
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell pants.
- Thin, lightweight inner socks.
- Thick, warm wool hiking socks.
- Hiking boots with spare laces.
- Camp shoes (sneakers and/or sandals).
- Gaiters for hiking in winter to the base camp.
For Upper Body:
- Light and expedition weight thermal tops.
- Fleece jacket or pullover.
- Fleece Wind-Stopper jacket (optional).
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell jacket.
- Down vest and/or jacket.
- Lightweight gloves.
- Heavyweight gloves or mittens with a waterproof shell outer (seasonal).
- Sleeping bag rated to zero DC (4 seasons down sleeping bags).
- Headlamp (e.g. Petzl Zoom) with spare bulbs and batteries.
- Trekking Bags/Duffel bag.
- Basic First Aid Kit.
- Large plastic bags – for keeping items dry inside your kit/duffel bag.
- Daypack (approximately 2500 to 3000 cubic inches / 10-15 liters / kgs capacity).
- Trekking Poles (optional).
- Water bottle (2) or cameo bag.
- Toiletries (Small wash towel, Toilet papers etc).
- Ear Plug (who know some people on a group are snoring) as optional.
- 1 medium sized quick-drying towel.
- Toothbrush/paste (preferably biodegradable).
- Multipurpose soaps (preferably biodegradable).
- Nail clippers.
- Face and body moisturizer.
- Feminine hygiene products.
- Small mirror.
On Personal Hygiene:
- Wet wipes (baby wipes).
- Tissue /toilet roll.
- Anti-bacterial hands wash.
Extra Luxuries as optional:
- Reading book.
- Trail Map/Guidebook.
- Journal & Pen.
- Pen and small notebooks.
- Travel game i.e. chess, backgammon, and scrabble.
Climbing Gears (The followings can be hired)
- 1 Pair plastic shell mountaineering boots with high altitude liners.
- 1 Pair of crampons (steel, no aluminum).
- 1 Alpine climbing harness.
- 1 Mountaineering axe with leash (sized properly for your height).
- 1 Ascender (right or left handed as appropriate).
- 1 Belay device (Black Diamond ATC or ATC Guide are good options).
- 2 D-Shaped locking carabiners.
- 2 Non-locking carabiners.
- 1 Pair expedition style gaiters (ensure fit over your boots).
- Neck gaiter.
- Ski goggles (optional).
- Climbing helmet (optional).
Remarkable Adventure Trek operates and runs all high altitude treks and climbs with the support of our expert and veteran guides who has been in these profession for more than two decades, all our guide have undergone with much training and attending workshop on related fields every year like Medical Course with enough knowledge of AMS (Acute Mountain Sickness) and proper use of Gamma Bag or Portable Altitude Chamber (PAC) pressure bags when required on emergency purpose on high AMS symptoms and to work on minor medical problem treatments.
Causes of Altitude Mountain Sickness:
- Altitude mountain sickness is caused by reduced of air pressure with lower oxygen levels at high altitude.
- The faster you climb to a high elevation, more likely you will get altitude or acute mountain sickness (AMS).
- Difficulty in sleeps.
- Dizziness or light-headed.
- Loss of appetite.
- Nausea or vomiting.
- Rapid pulse (heart rate).
- Shortness of breath with exertion.
- Altitude mountain sickness is easier to treat in the early stage.
- The main treatment for all forms of mountain sickness is to go down (descend) towards lower altitude as fast you can with support of our guide and staff.
- Extra oxygen should be given, if available.
- People with severe altitude mountain sickness should be admitted to a hospital or evacuated by any means of transportation the fastest is by Helicopter.
- Remarkable Adventure Trek suggests you Polyacrylamide (Diamox) because this medicine helps you to feel better if you are trekking in high altitude areas.
- It also helps you to reduce mild symptoms. This medicine works best when you take it before you start gaining much higher altitude. Beside our advice please consol with your doctor.
While climbing higher elevation:
- Drink plenty of fluids (water-plain black tea-lemon-tea or nutritional value drinks).
- Avoid alcohol
- Eat a lot of garlic’s (this is local way fighting altitude).
- You should avoid high altitudes if you have heart or lung disease.
Note: In case of emergency, you will be immediately airlifted by Helicopter to Kathmandu.
Flight Delay in Kathmandu and Lukla:
The best and shortest way to reach Everest area is by air to Lukla. This 30 minutes fight offers breathtaking views of the Himalayan peaks. Sometimes, due to bad weather in the mountains, these small aircraft cannot land or take off. In such situation, we will attempt taking a flight the next day depending upon availability and weather condition. If a second flight is not available, Remarkable Adventure Trek will arrange a chartered helicopter which has better visibility in inclement weather. The cost of charter helicopter range from US$500 to US$3,400 depending on the number of interested and willing passengers, clients are fully responsible for this extra fare which will be paid to Remarkable Adventure Trek head office as soon you land in Kathmandu. You will be given a receipt to use and to submit to your travel insurance company back home to claim for some refund.
What Makes This Trip Different?
Remarkable Adventure Trek works for social causes with some non-profit organization of Nepal, concerned with environment conservation and preservation includes street children who need better education and good normal life. We help and support for the cause with some of our profits to a certain organization so that we can make street children with sound and better life when they grow up.We believe that education and healthy children make more stable and better future of Nepal.
For donation, Sponsorship, and Volunteering, please contact to email@example.com
- Amazing views on daily walks in the shade of world highest peaks.
- Exploring traditional Sherpa farm villages of immense Buddhist culture.
- Walking into the serene woodland of tall rhododendron-pines and oaks trees.
- Visit of old Buddhist monasteries of great interest of immense culture.
- Adventure in the heart of world’s number one Mt. Everest base camp trek and climb on top stunning Lobuche East peak with breathtaking panorama.
What To Expect
- Accommodation Type
- Travel Strategy
Related Trips updating soon !!.