Langtang Kyanjin Gompa Trek, a picturesque walk with daily views of ever present Langtang Himal and as far towards Ganesh-Manaslu and Jugal Himalayan range of peaks, as the walk progress entering into traditional and impressive Tamang villages of ancient Bon culture of pre-Buddhism and as well interwoven with Tibetan Buddhism religion, where you can witness houses with intricate carving of Tibetan influence, as the border to Tibet lies on the other side of massive Langtang Himal. Besides culture and mountains the greenery forest covered with beautiful rhododendron-magnolia-pines-oaks and fir tree lines with bamboos where rare and elusive Red Panda are found sometimes within this enchanting woodland. Starting Langtang Kyanjin Gompa Trekking, starting with exciting overland drive from Kathmandu to reach at Syabrubesi village located on the bank of the Bhote Kosi River, one of the many famous rivers of Nepal which later joins Trisuli River famous and popular for rafting. Our trekking route leads along Langtang Khola (River) upstream through Langtang village to reach at Langtang Valley and join in with friendly locals at Kyanjin Gomba at the height of 3,870 m. The whole Langtang areas dominated and influenced by Tibetan Buddhism. At Kyanjin a day hikes to Tserko Ri at above 5,000 m, one of the main highlights of the trek offering
The whole Langtang areas dominated and influenced by Tibetan Buddhism. At Kyanjin a day hikes to Tserko Ri at above 5,000 m, one of the main highlights of the trek offering breathtaking view of mountain range of Langtang and towards east Dorji Lakpa with peaks of Tibet. After a marvelous time around Langtang valley walk leads on an alternative route towards another interesting villages of Langtang areas to Thulo Syabru village and then higher into pristine forest to Shin Gompa with ever present views of snowcapped peaks, after a lovely walk heading downhill to Dhunche for exciting drive back to Kathmandu with fond and wonderful memorable times on Langtang Kyanjin Gompa Trekking.
- Day 1 Arrival in Kathmandu 1,300 m /4,264 ft and transfer to hotel.
On arrival at Kathmandu Tribhuvan International Airport, received by a representative of Remarkable Adventure Trek and then transfer you to your hotel around Thamel areas in the hub of the Kathmandu city. At the hotel, our guide and staff will provide information on dos and don’ts brief you with your programs on sightseeing and trekking.
- Day 2 In Kathmandu with sightseeing tour and trek preparation.
After breakfast, leave the hotel for a sightseeing tour around famous historical places of Kathmandu guided by Remarkable Adventure Trek City guide. Morning visit of following places starting with Kathmandu Durbar Square a UNESCO World Heritage Site of Nepal, where most of the buildings that you see dated from 15th to 18th Century.The major Interesting things to see here are “Kumari (The Living Goddess) Gar” “Kastha Mandap” SaraswotiMaru Ganesh, Mahadev Temple, Shiva-Parvati Temple, Bhagwati Temple, OldSaraswatiTemple, Krishna Octangular Temple, Big Drums, Kal Bhairav, Jagannath Temple, and Taleju Temple. Tour of Pashupatinath Temple and Bouddhanath, one of the main temples of the Hindu listed as world heritage site, situated on the bank of Baghmati River. Only Hindus are allowed inside the main temple premises, while others can view from the bank of Baghmati River, observe pilgrims and devotees worshipping and praying the temple dedicated to Lord Shiva. After a pleasant time a short drive leads you at mystical and awesome Bouddhanath, one of the holiest Buddhist sites of Nepal with four pairs of eyes, representing the all seeing eyes of Lord Buddha, observe people from all religions going round the stupa and spinning the prayer wheels. After an interesting tour back to hotel for refreshment and trip preparations for Langtang Kyanjin Gompa trekking next early morning.
- Day 3 Drive to Syabrubesi 1,550 m / 5,085 ft (145 km) -07 hrs journeys.
An early morning overland journey to Syabrubesi, the drive leads on winding uphill and downhill road, past many town and farm villages on route Trisuli Bazaar, around sub-tropical zone and then drive climbs uphill reaching cooler areas on leaving rice paddy fields and terraces behind for maize and millet terraced, the weather changes with the culture and as well change of people, on reaching Dhunche at 1,965 m high, major town of Langtang area and headquarter of Rasuwa district. Where Langtang National Park starts, from here, our journey continues further downhill for few hours to Syabrubesi village for an overnight stop.
- Day 4 Trek to Lama Hotel 2,470 m / 8,103 ft - 06 hrs.
Starting our first day trek from Syabrubesi on a pleasant trail up to the bridge, and then with climb for a while but the rest of the walk is gradual on the winding trail through the terraced farm fields and villages, as the trail descends and joins the path coming from upper Syabru at the Riverside Lodge near the place of Bamboo, after a short break continues to walk on gradual uphill through nice serene alpine forest to reach at Lama Hotel near upper Trisuli River.
- Day 5 Trek to Langtang 3,430 m / 11,253 ft - 06 hrs.
From Lama Hotel with pleasant overnight morning walk leads to Ghoretabela for lunch stop amidst lovely forest of pines, hemlocks and rhododendron from here onwards you can feel the altitude as well. After a nice break, continue walk on the trail to Langtang andits beautiful valley, walk for an hour within cool shade of alpine woodland, after a small stream leaving the tree line behind the path leads uphill for an hour, then walk gets better on gradual trail with few ups and down to Langtang village for overnight stop.
- Day 6 Trek to Kyanjin Gompa 3,870 m / 12,696 ft -05 hrs.
From Langtang village walk leads on a nice gradual path for an hour and then on uphill trail for few hours following “mani-prayer wall” where walking clockwise direction a positive way in respect to Buddhist religion, walk leads further east as the valley opens up with views of snow capped peaks. After few hours of gentle walk with views brings you at Kyanjin Gompa a charming and scenic spot with beautiful views of Langtang Lirung of above 7,000m and its icefall at close distance Kyanjin Gompa, surrounded by a ridge formed by glacial moraine of rocks and boulders.
- Day 7 At Kyanjin Gompa explore and hike around scenic hills.
At Kyanjin free day visit the small Cheese factory or walk up to Tsego-Ri, Kyngin Ri at above 4,700 m / 15,420ft which will add more heights to the adventure offers stunning panorama of snow capped mountains with range of central Himalaya peaks, includes Ghengu Liru (Langtang II 6,571m / 21,560ft), Langtang Lirung (7,425m / 23,765ft) Kimshun (6,745m / 22,137ft) and Shalbachum(6,918m / 22, 699ft) to the south, the Chimsedang Lekh forms a ridge of peaks which includes Naya-Kanga 5,846m and Gangchempo, Tilman’s beautiful Fluted Peak. Beyond it extends to the Jugal Himal, terminating in Dorje Lakpa (6,980m / 22,929ft). To the east the upper meadows of the Langtang end in a massive mountain wall, forming the frontier with Tibet.
- Day 8 Trek to Lama Hotel 1,550 m / 5,058 ft - 06 hrs.
After a wonderful time at Kyanjin, retrace the journey back on same route to Lama-Hotel a small settlement in the midst of the forest at the bank of upper Trisuli River.
- Day 9 Trek to Thulo Syabru 2,230 m / 7,316 ft - 06 hrs.
Trek today follows the same route for an hour, and then after a Lama Hotel area walk leads is pleasant into rain bamboo forest, after leaving the forest, on leaving the river down below, start climb to a ridge walking past landslide of rocks and boulders, and then through farm and terraces to reach at Upper Syabru also called Thulo Syabru means bigger, the village with row of houses located on a ridge with a monastery. At Thulo Syabru for overnight for an overnight stop with time to explore the Tamang village with houses on a row above a high ridge with an old monastery near the village top.
- Day 10 Trek to Shin Gompa 3,330 m / 10,925 ft - 05 hrs.
Morning walk leads uphill on winding path above the monastery and then gaining more height facing views of Ganesh-Himal, Manaslu, Langtang and Annapurna range towards far west, after a few refreshing stops at teahouses on route, journey continues with an hour uphill from the farmlands and into cool alpine forest and then reaching at Shin Gompa for overnight stop near its old monastery.
- Day 11 Trek to Dhunche 1,965 m - 05 hrs.
Our last day walk of this lovely journey leads on downhill path most of the way entering thick forested areas of rhododendron-magnolia-oaks-pines and fir tree lines after a long descend reaching a bridge above Trisuli River, and then a slow short climb to Dhunche town for last overnight stop around Langtang Himal, Dhunche is also a main town and district headquarter of Rasuwa area.
- Day 12 Drive to Kathmandu - 06 hrs.
With last day on the hills of Langtang Himal around Rasuwa region, morning drive leads beyond Dhunche town and then on downhill zig-zag bends driving past many farm village to Trisuli Bazaar, a busy town a low and warmer areas, after a short break drive back to Kathmandu, after an awesome time on Langtang & Kyanjin Gompa trekking, after checking into respective hotels with afternoon free at leisure and join in for farewell group dinner in a nice restaurant around Thamel area.
- Day 13 International departure for homeward bound.
Your last day in amazing Nepal country of Himalayan wonders, as per your flight time transfer for your international flight with fond memory and excellent time on Langtang & Kyanjin Gompa Trekking and great service of Remarkable Adventure.
Cost Information1. What's Includes
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private tourist vehicle.
- Standard twin sharing accommodation in a three-star hotel in Kathmandu; Breakfast included.
- Guided city tour in Kathmandu by private tourist vehicle.
- All your standard Meals (Breakfasts, Lunches, and Dinners) during the trek.
- Lodges, Guesthouses accommodation during the trek.
- Remarkable Adventure Treks’ local licensed holder English speaking guide.
- The required number of local staff and porters to carry your luggage during the trek.
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all staffs.
- Langtang Conservation Area Entry permit and TIMS permit for trekking.
- Down Jacket and sleeping bag by Remarkable Adventure Trek (which need to be returned after the trek).
- Surface transfer from and to Kathmandu.
- Free Remarkable Adventure Trek duffel/kit bag (yours to keep).
- Sightseeing/Monument entrance fees in Kathmandu on the second day.
- Farewell dinner in typical Nepali Restaurant with cultural show.
- All our government taxes, vat, tourist service charges and official expenses.
- Lunch and dinner whilst in Kathmandu.
- Travel insurance which covers emergency Rescue and Evacuation.
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- Nepal entry visa; you can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. (Tourist Visa with Multiple Entries for 30 days can be obtained by paying the US $ 40 or equivalent foreign currency. Similarly, Tourist Visa with Multiple Entries for 90 days can be obtained by paying the US $ 100. Please bring 2 copies of passport size photos).
- Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks.
- Items of a personal nature (personal trekking gear, beverages, internet, laundry, bottled water, etc).
- Tips for trekking staffs.
- Extra night accommodation (early arrival, late departures due to weathers, and any others reasons).
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section.
Date & Availability
Frequenty Asked Question's
Trip Equipment & Packaging List
For your trip preparations Remarkable Adventure Trek provides you with related information and advice required for your adventure holiday trip in and around Nepal Himalaya and beyond, providing you with following equipment list for the trekking. If it’s too much to carry from your home country some of the necessary equipment can be hired or bought in Kathmandu around at Thamel or in Pokhara as well. Most of the equipment is general and standard lists for all seasons while on the trek but may differ as per the season and duration of trekking and areas of your chosen trip.
- Sun hat or scarf.
- Light balaclava or warm fleece headgear.
- Sun Glasses and snow goggles with UV protection.
For Lower Body:
- Under Garments.
- Hiking shorts.
- Lightweight cotton long pants.
- Light and expedition weight thermal bottoms.
- Fleece or wool pants (seasonal).
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell pants.
- Thin, lightweight inner socks.
- Thick, warm wool hiking socks.
- Hiking boots with spare laces.
- Camp shoes (sneakers and/or sandals).
- Gaiters for hiking in winter to the base camp.
For Upper Body:
- Light and expedition weight thermal tops.
- Fleece jacket or pullover.
- Fleece Wind-Stopper jacket (optional).
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell jacket.
- Down vest and/or jacket.
- Lightweight gloves.
- Heavyweight gloves or mittens with a waterproof shell outer (seasonal).
- Sleeping bag rated to zero DC (4 seasons down sleeping bags).
- Headlamp (e.g. Petzl Zoom) with spare bulbs and batteries.
- Trekking Bags/Duffel bag.
- Basic First Aid Kit.
- Large plastic bags – for keeping items dry inside your kit/duffel bag.
- Daypack (approximately 2500 to 3000 cubic inches / 10-15 liters / kgs capacity).
- Trekking Poles (optional).
- Water bottle (2) or cameo bag.
- Toiletries (Small wash towel, Toilet papers etc).
- Ear Plug (who know some people on a group are snoring) as optional.
- 1 medium sized quick-drying towel.
- Toothbrush/paste (preferably biodegradable).
- Multipurpose soaps (preferably biodegradable).
- Nail clippers.
- Face and body moisturizer.
- Feminine hygiene products.
- Small mirror.
On Personal Hygiene:
- Wet wipes (baby wipes).
- Tissue /toilet roll.
- Anti-bacterial hands wash.
Extra Luxuries as optional:
- Reading book.
- Trail Map/Guidebook.
- Journal & Pen.
- Pen and small notebooks.
- Travel game i.e. chess, backgammon, and scrabble.
Remarkable Adventure Trek operates and runs all high altitude treks and climbs with the support of our expert and veteran guides who has been in these profession for more than two decades, all our guide have undergone with much training and attending workshop on related fields every year like Medical Course with enough knowledge of AMS (Acute Mountain Sickness) and proper use of Gamma Bag or Portable Altitude Chamber (PAC) pressure bags when required on emergency purpose on high AMS symptoms and to work on minor medical problem treatments.
Causes of Altitude Mountain Sickness:
- Altitude mountain sickness is caused by reduced of air pressure with lower oxygen levels at high altitude.
- The faster you climb to a high elevation, more likely you will get altitude or acute mountain sickness (AMS).
- Difficulty in sleeps.
- Dizziness or light-headed.
- Loss of appetite.
- Nausea or vomiting.
- Rapid pulse (heart rate).
- Shortness of breath with exertion.
- Altitude mountain sickness is easier to treat in the early stage.
- The main treatment for all forms of mountain sickness is to go down (descend) towards lower altitude as fast you can with support of our guide and staff.
- Extra oxygen should be given, if available.
- People with severe altitude mountain sickness should be admitted to a hospital or evacuated by any means of transportation the fastest is by Helicopter.
- Remarkable Adventure Trek suggests you Polyacrylamide (Diamox) because this medicine helps you to feel better if you are trekking in high altitude areas.
- It also helps you to reduce mild symptoms. This medicine works best when you take it before you start gaining much higher altitude. Beside our advice please consol with your doctor.
While climbing higher elevation:
- Drink plenty of fluids (water-plain black tea-lemon-tea or nutritional value drinks).
- Avoid alcohol
- Eat a lot of garlic’s (this is local way fighting altitude).
- You should avoid high altitudes if you have heart or lung disease.
Note: In case of emergency, you will be immediately airlifted by Helicopter to Kathmandu.
Nobody knows or cares about the safety of your group better than our trekking guides because they know how to cope with the unexpected situations that occasionally arise in the high altitudes of the Himalaya. In these situations, it is vital that trekkers are flexible and listen to the guides’ directions. The trip that you are on may be affected by weather, politics, or even wildlife. Whatever the factor may be, it is possible you may have some changes in your itinerary, as the seasoned guides of Remarkable Adventure Trek decide the safest option for you. If changes must be made to your trip, our guides will work hard to stick to your original itinerary as much as possible until the change becomes unavoidable. However, Remarkable Adventure Trek will not be responsible for an outcome, resulting from bad weather, wildlife, or political situation before, during, or post trip.
WHAT MAKES THIS TRIP DIFFERENT FROM OTHERS?
Trek Remarkable Adventure Trek works for social causes with some non-profit organizations of Nepal, concerned with environment conservation and preservation includes street children who need better education and good normal life. We help and support for the cause with some of our profits to certain organizations so that we can make street children with sound and better life when they grow up.
We believe that education and healthy children make more stable and better future of Nepal.
For donation, Sponsorship, and Volunteering, please contact to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Amazing views on daily walks in the shade of central Himalayan peaks.
- Exploring traditional Tamang villages of immense Buddhist culture.
- Walking into serene woodland of tall rhododendron-pines and oaks trees
Panorama of Langtang-Ganesh and Jugal Himal with Annapurna and Manaslu peaks.
- Around beautiful Langtang valley and Kyanjin Gompa within Great Central Himalaya massive peaks.
What To Expect
- Accommodation Type
- Travel Strategy
Related Trips updating soon !!.