Mardi Himal Trek, a short and newly opened adventurous trek, which leads you to uphill and ridges within green forest facing incredible panorama of Annapurna mountains, as our adventure leads to the highest point of the trek at an elevation of above 4,600 m, offering stunning close views of Annapurna South, Hiunchuli, and of towering Machhapuchare the Fishtail Mountain, extends towards Annapurna Himalaya range. These will be a pure wilderness walks into pristine areas covered with beautiful rhododendron-magnolia-firs, oaks and pine trees and chances of seeing some wildlife with Nepal national bird the colorful Impeyan Pheasants known as Danfe or Lophorous. Truly a nature walks which leads you away from mainstream trekking trail on the off beaten tracks away from human settlement and villages for some days in the complete wilderness in the harmony of nature and giant peaks of Annapurna with Mardi Himal and towering Machhapuchare peak.
In comparison to other treks around Nepal Himalaya where you will encounter less trekkers on this isolated and remote areas completely hidden by rolling green hills and ridges, tucked at the base of Mardi Himal which is an extension ridges of majestic Machhapuchare peak, one of the virgin and unclimbed mountains where local and adventurer have great respect for this magnificent peak with two summits which looks like a Fish Tail. Starting this wonderful trek from scenic Pokhara valley and heading towards north past nice villages of Kande-Thulo Kharka (Australian Camp) and Potana, and then into virgin areas to reach our highlight and goal of the adventure at Mardi Himal base camp through Low and High camp. After a glorious time around Mardi Himal, our return journey heading back to Pokhara via an alternative route through a large nice Landruk village to reach at the road head in Nayapul and then a short drive brings you at picturesque Pokhara for the drive back to Kathmandu, after a marvelous and fabulous time on Mardi Himal Trekking.
- Day 1 Arrival in Kathmandu 1,300 m / 4,264 ft and transfer to hotel.
On arrival at Kathmandu Tribhuvan International Airport, received by a representative of Remarkable Adventure Trek and then transfer you to your hotel around Thamel areas in the hub of the Kathmandu city. At the hotel, our guide and staff will provide information on dos and don’ts brief you with your programs on sightseeing and trekking with welcome dinner in an authentic Nepalese restaurant with folk culture program.
- Day 2 Drive to Pokhara 910m / 2,985 ft - 06 hrs journey.
Morning travel by private coach or in tourist bus (depending upon the size of the group) with an exciting overland drive on main Kathmandu to Pokhara highway, leading through Himalayan foothills, on reaching at Pokhara transfer to respective hotels by the beautiful Phewa Lake with afternoon free for short walks. (Options by Air 30 minutes scenic flight to Pokhara).
- Day 3 Drive to Kande and trek to Forest Camp 2,540 m / 8,333 ft -06 hours
Starting this wonderful and exciting Mardi Himal Trekking within towering Mt. Machhapuchare ‘Fish Tail’ taking a short drive on the outskirt of Pokhara to reach at Kande, after getting organized a steep climb leading to farm areas of terrace field, offering great views of snow peaks and valley below entering a patch of cool forest with last climb to reach at the ridge top at Thulo Kharka or Australian Camp with fantastic views of Annapurna and Manaslu range of mountains. From this lovely spot walk downhill into cool shade of forest to Potana offering super panorama of Annapurna Himalaya and Manaslu range including majestic Mt. Machhapuchare “Fish Tail” and small peak of Mardi Himal towards North West. After a pleasant stop at Potana village with fantastic views, walk begins on the main trekking trail reaching at Pitam Deurali with super views of landscapes and snow-clad peaks. After Deurali heading north along the ridgeline into serene forested area with cool temperature with panorama of Annapurna I and South with Huinchuli to the east Annapurna IV -II and Lamjung Himal and then reaching our overnight stop in the middle of forest where few lodges are located for trekkers at Forest Camp.
- Day 4 Trek to Low Camp 3,035 m / 9,957 ft - 04 Hours.
From Forest Camp, walk leads higher on uphill path with steep climb to reach a pasture land for overnight stop on route Mardi base camp with fantastic views of surrounding landscapes and mountains at close range and into serene cool alpine forest reaching at Low camp with grand views of Mardi Himal with towering Machhapuchare peaks and range of Annapurna Himalaya, overnight in this nice spot with fantastic views.
- Day 5 Trek to High Camp 3,590 m / 11,778 ft - 04 Hours.
This wonderful area offering grand vista of beautiful landscapes and snow-clad peaks in perfect tranquility heading higher to reach at High Camp as the air gets thinner and cooler with steep climb to reach at High Camp where tree lines fades to short rhododendron and juniper bushes. Here at High Camp with few lodges for overnight accommodation with basic facilities commanding super views of Annapurna Himalaya.
- Day 6 Hike to Upper View Point 4,200 m / 13,779 ft back to High Camp - 05 hrs.
Here with another night stop to explore beyond High Camp with day hike to Mardi Himal higher ridge reaching the highest point of this trek at 4,200 meters. Walk leads to a steep climb along a ridgeline to reach a hidden plateau at the base of Mardi Himal South Face with towering Mt. Machhapuchare; this area known as ‘Other Sanctuary’ named by early pioneer Jimmy Roberts, when he first explored this area in early 1970’s. After enjoying the views of super mountain panorama return back on same route to our overnight stop.
- Day 7 Trek to Landruk village 1,560 m / 5,118 ft -06 hrs.
After a wonderful time in pure wilderness walk for few hours downhill on the same route back and then our route diverts near Low and Forest camp taking a gradual descend to reach back into farm villages at large Landruk village, inhabited mostly by Gurung trip of mountain people facing Annapurna South and Huinchuli peak towards North and with awesome views of surrounding landscapes.
- Day 8 Trek to Nayapul 1,070 m / 3,510 ft drive to Pokhara 5 hrs walk / 2 hrs drive.
After a lovely stop at Landruk village enjoying the morning views our last day walk of the adventure leads to a descend all the way to Modi Khola (river), as the walk leads past small forested areas and rice terraces, waterfalls within warm and green landscapes. On reaching the bottom crossing a bridge and then on the gradual trail to reach at Bhirethati, one of the most attractive villages around Annapurna Himalaya, at present nearly turning into a town with many good lodges, shops. From here walk for twenty minutes on a gradual path to Nayapul (New Bridge) From Nayapul board on a vehicle for the drive back to Pokhara, concluding this wonderful trip on a famous tourist spot at Pokhara by the lake Phewa.
- Day 9 From Pokhara drive to Kathmandu 1,345 m - 06hrs.
After a wonderful time up in the high mountains and hills, taking a morning driving journey back to Kathmandu, on reaching at Kathmandu after 5-6 hours of nice interesting drive and then transfer to your respective hotels with afternoon free for individual activities and shopping souvenirs. (Options by air 30 minutes flight back to Kathmandu with great views)
- Day 10 International departure for homeward bound.
Your last day in amazing Nepal country of Himalayan wonders, as per your flight time transfer for your international flight with fond memory and excellent time on Annapurna Base Camp Trekking with great service of Remarkable Adventure.
Cost Information1. What's Includes
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private tourist vehicle.
- Standard twin sharing accommodation in a three-star hotel in Kathmandu; Breakfast included.
- Guided city tour in Kathmandu by private tourist vehicle.
- All your standard Meals (Breakfasts, Lunches, and Dinners) during the trek.
- Lodges, Guesthouses accommodation during the trek.
- Remarkable Adventure Treks’ local licensed holder English speaking guide.
- The required number of local staff and porters to carry your luggage during the trek.
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all staffs.
- ACAP permits and TIMS permit for trekking.
- Down Jacket and sleeping bag by Remarkable Adventure Trek (which need to be returned after the trek).
- Airfare from Pokhara–Kathmandu including airport departure tax in Pokhara and Kathmandu airport.
- Surface transfer from and to Kathmandu.
- Free Remarkable Adventure Trek duffel/kit bag (yours to keep).
- Sightseeing/Monument entrance fees in Kathmandu on second day.
- Farewell dinner in typical Nepali Restaurant with cultural show.
- All our government taxes, vat, tourist service charges and official expenses.
- Lunch and dinner whilst in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Travel insurance which covers emergency Rescue and Evacuation.
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- Nepal entry visa; you can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. (Tourist Visa with Multiple Entries for 30 days can be obtained by paying the US $ 40 or equivalent foreign currency. Similarly, Tourist Visa with Multiple Entries for 90 days can be obtained by paying the US $ 100. Please bring 2 copies of passport size photos).
- Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks.
- Items of a personal nature (personal trekking gear, beverages,internet, laundry, bottled water, etc).
- Tips for trekking staffs.
- Extra night accommodation (early arrival, late departures due to weathers, and any others reasons).
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section.
Date & Availability
Frequenty Asked Question's
Trip Equipment & Packaging List
For your trip preparations Remarkable Adventure Trek provides you with related information and advice required for your adventure holiday trip in and around Nepal Himalaya and beyond, providing you with following equipment list for the trekking. If it’s too much to carry from your home country some of the necessary equipment can be hired or bought in Kathmandu around at Thamel or in Pokhara as well. Most of the equipment is general and standard lists for all seasons while on the trek but may differ as per the season and duration of trekking and areas of your chosen trip.
- Sun hat or scarf.
- Light balaclava or warm fleece headgear.
- Sun Glasses and snow goggles with UV protection.
For Lower Body:
- Under Garments.
- Hiking shorts.
- Lightweight cotton long pants.
- Light and expedition weight thermal bottoms.
- Fleece or wool pants (seasonal).
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell pants.
- Thin, lightweight inner socks.
- Thick, warm wool hiking socks.
- Hiking boots with spare laces.
- Camp shoes (sneakers and/or sandals).
- Gaiters for hiking in winter to the base camp.
For Upper Body:
- Light and expedition weight thermal tops.
- Fleece jacket or pullover.
- Fleece Wind-Stopper jacket (optional).
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell jacket.
- Down vest and/or jacket.
- Lightweight gloves.
- Heavyweight gloves or mittens with a waterproof shell outer (seasonal).
- Sleeping bag rated to zero DC (4 seasons down sleeping bags).
- Headlamp (e.g. Petzl Zoom) with spare bulbs and batteries.
- Trekking Bags/Duffel bag.
- Basic First Aid Kit.
- Large plastic bags – for keeping items dry inside your kit/duffel bag.
- Daypack (approximately 2500 to 3000 cubic inches / 10-15 liters / kgs capacity).
- Trekking Poles (optional).
- Water bottle (2) or cameo bag.
- Toiletries (Small wash towel, Toilet papers etc).
- Ear Plug (who know some people on a group are snoring) as optional.
- 1 medium sized quick-drying towel.
- Toothbrush/paste (preferably biodegradable).
- Multipurpose soaps (preferably biodegradable).
- Nail clippers.
- Face and body moisturizer.
- Feminine hygiene products.
- Small mirror.
On Personal Hygiene:
- Wet wipes (baby wipes).
- Tissue /toilet roll.
- Anti-bacterial hands wash.
Extra Luxuries as optional:
- Reading book.
- Trail Map/Guidebook.
- Journal & Pen.
- Pen and small notebooks.
- Travel game i.e. chess, backgammon, and scrabble.
Remarkable Adventure Trek operates and runs all high altitude treks and climbs with the support of our expert and veteran guides who has been in these profession for more than two decades, all our guide have undergone with much training and attending workshop on related fields every year like Medical Course with enough knowledge of AMS (Acute Mountain Sickness) and proper use of Gamma Bag or Portable Altitude Chamber (PAC) pressure bags when required on emergency purpose on high AMS symptoms and to work on minor medical problem treatments.
Causes of Altitude Mountain Sickness:
- Altitude mountain sickness is caused by reduced of air pressure with lower oxygen levels at high altitude.
- The faster you climb to a high elevation, more likely you will get altitude or acute mountain sickness (AMS).
- Difficulty in sleeps.
- Dizziness or light-headed.
- Loss of appetite.
- Nausea or vomiting.
- Rapid pulse (heart rate).
- Shortness of breath with exertion.
- Altitude mountain sickness is easier to treat in the early stage.
- The main treatment for all forms of mountain sickness is to go down (descend) towards lower altitude as fast you can with support of our guide and staff.
- Extra oxygen should be given, if available.
- People with severe altitude mountain sickness should be admitted to a hospital or evacuated by any means of transportation the fastest is by Helicopter.
- Remarkable Adventure Trek suggests you Polyacrylamide (Diamox) because this medicine helps you to feel better if you are trekking in high altitude areas.
- It also helps you to reduce mild symptoms. This medicine works best when you take it before you start gaining much higher altitude. Beside our advice please consol with your doctor.
While climbing higher elevation:
- Drink plenty of fluids (water-plain black tea-lemon-tea or nutritional value drinks).
- Avoid alcohol
- Eat a lot of garlic’s (this is local way fighting altitude).
- You should avoid high altitudes if you have heart or lung disease.
Note: In case of emergency, you will be immediately airlifted by Helicopter to Kathmandu.
Nobody knows or cares about the safety of your group better than our trekking guides because they know how to cope with the unexpected situations that occasionally arise in the high altitudes of the Himalaya. In these situations, it is vital that trekkers are flexible and listen to the guides’ directions. The trip that you are on may be affected by weather, politics, or even wildlife. Whatever the factor may be, it is possible you may have some changes in your itinerary, as the seasoned guides of Remarkable Adventure Trek decide the safest option for you. If changes must be made to your trip, our guides will work hard to stick to your original itinerary as much as possible until the change becomes unavoidable. However, Remarkable Adventure Trek will not be responsible for an outcome, resulting from bad weather, wildlife, or political situation before, during, or post trip.
WHAT MAKES THIS TRIP DIFFERENT FROM OTHERS?
Trek Remarkable Adventure Trek works for social causes with some non-profit organizations of Nepal, concerned with environment conservation and preservation includes street children who need better education and good normal life. We help and support for the cause with some of our profits to certain organizations so that we can make street children with sound and better life when they grow up.
We believe that education and healthy children make more stable and better future of Nepal.
For donation, Sponsorship, and Volunteering, please contact to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Amazing views on daily walks in the shade of world highest peaks.
- Exploring Gurung villages of immense traditional culture.
- Walking into the serene woodland of tall rhododendron-pines and oaks trees.
- Awesome panorama Annapurna to Manaslu range of peaks.
- Adventure on the other sanctuary of Annapurna with sweeping views.
- Scenic viewpoints on the highest point of the adventure at Mardi Himal High camp.
What To Expect
- Accommodation Type
- Travel Strategy
Related Trips updating soon !!.