The Royal Trek to Syaklung Hill, an enjoyable moderate walk of short duration holiday around massive Annapurna Himalaya foothills and ridges, offering grand panorama of Annapurna – Lamjung and Manaslu range of peaks including as far to Dhaulagiri towards far west, leads you with scenic walk past interesting rural farm villages of immense culture of both Hindu and Buddhist religions of Gurung, Chettris and Brahmins with ever present views of Eastern Annapurna range of peaks, capturing with Lamjung Himal and Manaslu range. The Royal Trek, based on the name ‘Royal’ where in early 1980’s a British monarch Prince Charles sauntered around this areas on a short visit in Nepal Himalaya and trekked to Syaklung hills and ridges, and the name tag of the trek still continues although some of the hill villages and terrain has changed at present due to constructions of motor roads, which makes the royal trek more approachable with short country walks to the hill of Syaklung a fabulous view point for panorama of mountains views with unique dramatic landscapes.
Our adventure starts from outskirt of beautiful Pokhara valley, heading to the foothills blessed with green and luxuriant forest and farm terraces with daily views of snow clad peaks, after a time around the hills and ridges walk concludes at serene lakes Begnas with a short drive back at picturesque Pokhara by the Phewa Lakeside, after a memorable and fascinating walk on The Royal Trek to Syaklung.
Arrival in Kathmandu 1,300 m /4,264 ft and transfer to hotel.
On arrival at Kathmandu Tribhuvan International Airport, received by a representative of Remarkable Adventure Trek and then transfer you to your hotel around Thamel areas in the hub of the Kathmandu city. At the hotel, our guide and staff will provide information on dos and don’ts brief you with your programs on sightseeing and trekking.
In Kathmandu with a sightseeing tour and trek preparation.
After breakfast, leave the hotel for a sightseeing tour around famous historical places of Kathmandu guided by Remarkable Adventure Trek City guide. Morning visit of following places starting with Kathmandu Durbar Square a UNESCO World Heritage Site of Nepal, where most of the buildings that you see dated from 15th to 18th Century. The major Interesting things to see here are “Kumari (The Living Goddess) Gar” “Kastha Mandap” Maru Ganesh, Mahadev Temple, Shiva-Parvati Temple, Bhagwati Temple, Old Palace, Saraswati Temple, Krishna Octangular Temple, Big Drums, Kal Bhairav, Jagannath Temple, and Taleju Temple. Tour of Pashupatinath Temple, one of the main temples of the Hindu listed as world heritage site, situated on the bank of Bagmati River. Only Hindus are allowed inside the main temple premises, while others can view from the bank of Bagmati River, observe pilgrims and devotees worshipping and praying the temple dedicated to Lord Shiva.
Drive to Pokhara 950m - 06 hrs journey distance 220 k.m.
Morning travel by private coach or in tourist bus (depending upon the size of the group) with an exciting overland drive on main Kathmandu to Pokhara highway, leading through Himalayan foothills, on reaching at Pokhara transfer to respective hotels by the beautiful Phewa Lake with afternoon free for short walks. (Options by Air 30 minutes scenic flight to Pokhara).
Drive to Bijayapur 1 hr and trek to Kalikasthan 1,370 m / 4,494 ft - 05 hrs.
After a great relaxing time in Pokhara, a short drive leads on a suburb of Pokhara city to begin this wonderful trek, and then a short drive takes you at Bijaypur khola (stream) from here a gradual walk through several farm villages and rice terraces, coming across friendly locals till our overnight stop is reached after a gentle first day trek to Kalkasthan with grand views of Annapurna-Lamjung Himal and Manaslu mountain range extending towards Dhaulagiri on western horizon.
Trek to Syaklung 1,730 m / 5,675 ft - 05 hrs.
From Kalikasthan a nice pleasant walk with an hour uphill towards rural farm village of mid hill tribes morning walk on gradual winding path with some ups and downs all the way to reach at Bahun Gaon, from here walk leads past farm terraces to Lipani, the area offers a superb view of Annapurna, Lamjung and Manaslu range with Lake Begnas down below. After superb sunrise views over Himalayan peaks, the walk continues following through farm villages, rice terraces, and patch of woodlands, after a day good walk reaching Syaklung Phedi meaning bottom of the hill. From here walk leads on uphill trail with paved stone slated steps all the way to Syaklung village for overnight stop. Syaklung a typical traditional Gurung village offers incredible views of surrounding landscapes and Himalayan chain of snow peaks.
Trek to Chisapani 1,550 m / 5,085 ft -05 hrs.
Morning walk on a gradual downhill on the ridges to reach at Chisapani a small farm village with short climb on top Chisapani Danda hill offering with super views of snow clad mountains and of Lake Rupa, overnight around this nice and pleasant looking farm village.
Trek to Begnas Lake and drive to Pokhara 03 hrs walks and an hour ride.
After a pleasant overnight stop at Chisapani, our last day walk of the trek continues passing many scattered villages and farm fields till Lake Begnas is reached, from this beautiful Lake Begnas an hour drive takes you to the Phewa lakeside at Pokhara for last overnight stop in the comfort of excellent hotel with ample time for short walks around lakeside stores and shops.
From Pokhara drive to Kathmandu 1,345 m - 06hrs.
After a wonderful time up in the foothills of Annapurna, taking a morning driving journey back to Kathmandu, on reaching at Kathmandu after 5-6 hours of nice interesting drive and then transfer to your respective hotels with afternoon free for individual activities and shopping souvenirs. (Options by air 30 minutes flight back to Kathmandu with great views)
International departure for homeward bound.
Your last day in amazing Nepal country of Himalayan wonders, as per your flight time transfer for your international flight with fond memory and excellent time on Royal Trek with great service of Remarkable Adventure.
Cost Information1. What's Includes
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private tourist vehicle.
- Standard twin sharing accommodation in a three-star hotel in Kathmandu; Breakfast included.
- Guided city tour in Kathmandu by private tourist vehicle.
- All your standard Meals (Breakfasts, Lunches, and Dinners) during the trek.
- Lodges, Guesthouses accommodation during the trek.
- Remarkable Adventure Treks’ local licensed holder English speaking guide.
- The required number of local staff and porters to carry your luggage during the trek.
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all staffs.
- Annapurna Conservation Area Entry permit and TIMS permit for trekking.
- Down Jacket and sleeping bag by Remarkable Adventure Trek (which need to be returned after the trek).
- Surface transfer from and to Kathmandu.
- Free Remarkable Adventure Trek duffel/kit bag (yours to keep).
- Sightseeing/Monument entrance fees in Kathmandu on the second day.
- Farewell dinner in typical Nepali Restaurant with cultural show.
- All our government taxes, vat, tourist service charges and official expenses.
- Lunch and dinner whilst in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Travel insurance which covers emergency Rescue and Evacuation.
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- Nepal entry visa; you can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. (Tourist Visa with Multiple Entries for 30 days can be obtained by paying the US $ 40 or equivalent foreign currency. Similarly, Tourist Visa with Multiple Entries for 90 days can be obtained by paying the US $ 100. Please bring 2 copies of passport size photos).
- Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks.
- Items of a personal nature (personal trekking gear, beverages,internet, laundry, bottled water, etc).
- Tips for trekking staffs.
- Extra night accommodation (early arrival, late departures due to weathers, and any others reasons).
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section.
Date & Availability
Frequenty Asked Question's
Trip Equipment & Packaging List
For your trip preparations Remarkable Adventure Trek provides you with related information and advice required for your adventure holiday trip in and around Nepal Himalaya and beyond, providing you with following equipment list for the trekking. If it’s too much to carry from your home country some of the necessary equipment can be hired or bought in Kathmandu around at Thamel or in Pokhara as well. Most of the equipment is general and standard lists for all seasons while on the trek but may differ as per the season and duration of trekking and areas of your chosen trip.
- Sun hat or scarf.
- Light balaclava or warm fleece headgear.
- Sun Glasses and snow goggles with UV protection.
For Lower Body:
- Under Garments.
- Hiking shorts.
- Lightweight cotton long pants.
- Light and expedition weight thermal bottoms.
- Fleece or wool pants (seasonal).
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell pants.
- Thin, lightweight inner socks.
- Thick, warm wool hiking socks.
- Hiking boots with spare laces.
- Camp shoes (sneakers and/or sandals).
- Gaiters for hiking in winter to the base camp.
For Upper Body:
- Light and expedition weight thermal tops.
- Fleece jacket or pullover.
- Fleece Wind-Stopper jacket (optional).
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell jacket.
- Down vest and/or jacket.
- Lightweight gloves.
- Heavyweight gloves or mittens with a waterproof shell outer (seasonal).
- Sleeping bag rated to zero DC (4 seasons down sleeping bags).
- Headlamp (e.g. Petzl Zoom) with spare bulbs and batteries.
- Trekking Bags/Duffel bag.
- Basic First Aid Kit.
- Large plastic bags – for keeping items dry inside your kit/duffel bag.
- Daypack (approximately 2500 to 3000 cubic inches / 10-15 liters / kgs capacity).
- Trekking Poles (optional).
- Water bottle (2) or cameo bag.
- Toiletries (Small wash towel, Toilet papers etc).
- Ear Plug (who know some people on a group are snoring) as optional.
- 1 medium sized quick-drying towel.
- Toothbrush/paste (preferably biodegradable).
- Multipurpose soaps (preferably biodegradable).
- Nail clippers.
- Face and body moisturizer.
- Feminine hygiene products.
- Small mirror.
On Personal Hygiene:
- Wet wipes (baby wipes).
- Tissue /toilet roll.
- Anti-bacterial hands wash.
Extra Luxuries as optional:
- Reading book.
- Trail Map/Guidebook.
- Journal & Pen.
- Pen and small notebooks.
Travel game i.e. chess, backgammon, and scrabble.
Remarkable Adventure Trek operates and runs all high altitude treks and climbs with the support of our expert and veteran guides who has been in these profession for more than two decades, all our guide have undergone with much training and attending workshop on related fields every year like Medical Course with enough knowledge of AMS (Acute Mountain Sickness) and proper use of Gamma Bag or Portable Altitude Chamber (PAC) pressure bags when required on emergency purpose on high AMS symptoms and to work on minor medical problem treatments.
Causes of Altitude Mountain Sickness:
- Altitude mountain sickness is caused by reduced of air pressure with lower oxygen levels at high altitude.
- The faster you climb to a high elevation, more likely you will get altitude or acute mountain sickness (AMS).
- Difficulty in sleeps.
- Dizziness or light-headed.
- Loss of appetite.
- Nausea or vomiting.
- Rapid pulse (heart rate).
- Shortness of breath with exertion.
- Altitude mountain sickness is easier to treat in the early stage.
- The main treatment for all forms of mountain sickness is to go down (descend) towards lower altitude as fast you can with support of our guide and staff.
- Extra oxygen should be given, if available.
- People with severe altitude mountain sickness should be admitted to a hospital or evacuated by any means of transportation the fastest is by Helicopter.
- Remarkable Adventure Trek suggests you Polyacrylamide (Diamox) because this medicine helps you to feel better if you are trekking in high altitude areas.
- It also helps you to reduce mild symptoms. This medicine works best when you take it before you start gaining much higher altitude. Beside our advice please consol with your doctor.
While climbing higher elevation:
- Drink plenty of fluids (water-plain black tea-lemon-tea or nutritional value drinks).
- Avoid alcohol
- Eat a lot of garlic’s (this is local way fighting altitude).
- You should avoid high altitudes if you have heart or lung disease.
Note: In case of emergency, you will be immediately airlifted by Helicopter to Kathmandu.
Nobody knows or cares about the safety of your group better than our trekking guides because they know how to cope with the unexpected situations that occasionally arise in the high altitudes of the Himalaya. In these situations, it is vital that trekkers are flexible and listen to the guides’ directions. The trip that you are on may be affected by weather, politics, or even wildlife. Whatever the factor may be, it is possible you may have some changes in your itinerary, as the seasoned guides of Remarkable Adventure Trek decide the safest option for you. If changes must be made to your trip, our guides will work hard to stick to your original itinerary as much as possible until the change becomes unavoidable. However, Remarkable Adventure Trek will not be responsible for an outcome, resulting from bad weather, wildlife, or political situation before, during, or post trip.
WHAT MAKES THIS TRIP DIFFERENT FROM OTHERS?
Trek Remarkable Adventure Trek works for social causes with some non-profit organizations of Nepal, concerned with environment conservation and preservation includes street children who need better education and good normal life. We help and support for the cause with some of our profits to certain organizations so that we can make street children with sound and better life when they grow up.
We believe that education and healthy children make more stable and better future of Nepal.
For donation, Sponsorship, and Volunteering, please contact to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Amazing views on daily walks in the shade of world highest peaks.
- Exploring Gurung and Hindu Brahmin villages of immense traditional culture.
- Walking into serene woodland of tall rhododendron-pines and oaks trees.
- Awesome panorama with stunning sunrise over Annapurna-Lamjung and Manaslu peaks.
- Adventure on the foothills of eastern Annapurna Himalaya with sweeping views.
What To Expect
Related Trips updating soon !!.