Manaslu Circuit Trekking an adventure around high country of Gorkha district located North Mid West of Nepal Himalaya, one of the least trekked region, but slowly getting popular due to its pristine wilderness and picturesque scenery on daily walks in the backdrop of immense local culture of Tibetan Buddhism and traditional way of life as it was since past hundred of centuries. Mt. Manaslu listed as world 8th highest peak at above 8,163 m high in between Lamjung and Annapurna Himal towards west and massive bulk Ganesh Himal towards east, the mountain was first climbed by Japanese expeditions in 1956, early travelers and explorer Mr. H.W. Tilman where he trekked the Manaslu region in mid 1950’s, the area had been a restricted to foreign travelers till 1990’s due to its closeness frontier with Tibet / China. Manaslu is known by local name as ‘Kutang’ of Tibetan origin, as the area was long been an old caravan trade route to Tibet and some of the trade between high Manaslu people still exists bringing in Chinese goods with exchange of Nepalese spices, rice and other agriculture products.
Manaslu Circuit Trekking leads you with a drive at first towards north west of Nepal from Kathmandu to reach lower areas of Gorkha and around Buri-Gandaki River, as the walk follows the river upstream heading higher into cooler alpine zone within serene forest areas covered with coniferous trees of pines-firs-oaks and rhododendron tree lines, and soon vegetation and trees disappears for arid windswept country getting closer towards mountainous areas of high Manaslu valley at Lo-gaon and Sam-gaon. After exploring the traditional life and culture of the local hardy Manaslu people of Tibetan origin and then heading further North West to cross the highest pass of the adventure over scenic Larkya-la pass at 5,106 m high with spectacular panorama of Manaslu mountain range and as far towards Ganesh and Annapurna Himalaya. Ending our wonderful trek heading towards Marysangdi River at Manang areas in Dharapani located on famous and popular Annapurna Circuit route, and then our marvelous and remarkable adventure Manaslu Circuit Trekking concludes with a drive back to Kathmandu.
- Day 1 Arrival in Kathmandu 1,300 m /4,264 ft and transfer to hotel.
On arrival at Kathmandu Tribhuvan International Airport, received by a representative of Remarkable Adventure Trek and then transfer you to your hotel around Thamel areas in the hub of the Kathmandu city. At the hotel, our guide and staff will provide information on dos and don’ts brief you with your programs on sightseeing and trekking.
- Day 2 In Kathmandu with a sightseeing tour and trek preparation.
After breakfast, leave the hotel for a sightseeing tour around famous historical places of Kathmandu guided by Remarkable Adventure Trek City guide. Morning visit of following places starting with Kathmandu Durbar Square a UNESCO World Heritage Site of Nepal, where most of the buildings that you see dated from 15th to 18th Century.The major Interesting things to see here are “Kumari (The Living Goddess) Gar” “Kastha Mandap” Maru Ganesh, Mahadev Temple, Shiva-Parvati Temple, Bhagwati Temple, Old Palace, Saraswati Temple, Krishna Octangular Temple, Big Drums, Kal Bhairav, Jagannath Temple, and Taleju Temple. Tour of Pashupatinath Temple, one of the main temples of the Hindu listed as world heritage site, situated on the bank of Bagmati River. Only Hindus are allowed inside the main temple premises, while others can view from the bank of Bagmati River, observe pilgrims and devotees worshipping and praying the temple dedicated to Lord Shiva, afternoon return back to the hotel for Manaslu Circuit Trekking.
- Day 3 Drive to Soti-Khola 730 m via Arughat 600m - 07 hrs journeys.
Manaslu Circuit Trekking starting with an exciting long drive on Nepal’s main highway to Dhading Besi a large town headquarters of Dhading district, after Dhading heading to enter another district of Gorkha at Arughat town located by the River Buri-Gandaki, drive continues on rough road following Buri-Gandaki upstream from Arughat bazaar to reach at Soti-Khola for overnight stop in the comfort of local lodge and sound of raging river. Arughat town and Soti Khola an active village of lower Gorkha district with many shops and stores, where villagers of surrounding Gorkha and Dhading areas visits for shopping local commodities.
- Day 4 Trek to Machha-Khola 930m - 06 hrs.
From this village, starting our walk following Buri Gandaki River upstream through many farm villages, crossing over Nuali khola with views of waterfalls and then cross a stream to Machha Khola for overnight stop. The village name as Machha Khola means “Fish stream”.
- Day 5 Trek to Jagat 1,410m - 06 hrs.
After pleasant overnight at Macha-Khola, morning walk follows Buri-Gandaki River upstream, to reach Khorla Beshi a small farm village from here on winding path to reach at Tatopani village with “Hot Spring,” an opportunity for hot bathe as time allows. After a nice rest walk carries on passing Dovan and Yaruphant villages to reach at Jagat for overnight stops, Jagat a moderate size farm villages with shops and stores.
- Day 6 Trek to Dyang 1,800 m - 06 hrs.
From Jagat, morning walk leads to higher areas passing scattered farm villages with short climb and downhill to cross over a bridge to reach at Nagjet and Philim, a large village with spread-out farm houses. After Philim walk through farm terraces of golden fields of wheat’s and barley, then a climb on rocky ridge top into bamboo forest area to our overnight stop at Dyang village.
- Day 7 Trek to Ghap 2,160 m - 04 hrs.
Morning walk from Dyang leads to cooler area where you can feel slow rise in altitude, on entering Himalayan alpine region, walk downhill to a river side to reach at Bihi Bazaar a small village near a river side. From here onwards encountering more villages of strong Tibetan culture, walk leads on gentle trail with few short ups and downs till Ghap village is reached for overnight stop.
- Day 8 Trek to Lo-Gaon 3,180 m - 06 hrs.
From Ghap village with nice good walk following Burhi Gandaki River, then crossing this river through small farm villages and cultivated farm fields of barley, wheat and millets to reach at Numrung village with first close views of Mt. Manaslu North Face and adjoining peaks. Walk continues passing few villages of Banjham, Lhi and Sho, then as altitude gains with an hour up to Lo-Gaon for overnight stop in a nice cozy lodge.
- Day 9 Trek to Sama-Gaon 3,530 m - 05 hrs.
After Lo-Gaon tree lines fades only for few short juniper bushes and some willow trees, walk leads on nice path with views of peaks and finally the day ends at Sama-Gaon for overnight stop, this is a large mountain village located on route Manaslu base camp, Larke-la pass and to Tibet border.
- Day 10 Rest day at Sama-Gaon for acclimatization.
A necessary rest day for acclimatization before heading over Larke-la pass, at Samagaon explore around this interesting village of Tibetan culture.
- Day 11 Trek to Samdo 3,860 m - 05 hrs.
Today walk leads to last village of Manaslu area at Samdo which lies close on route Tibet border, the villagers of this area have long history of trading with Tibet, the trade still continues as you can find many Chinese goods around the village shops and stores.
- Day 12 Trek to Dharamsala / Larke phedi 4,470 m - 04 hrs.
A short day walk to Larke phedi or Dharmasala, after a nice overnight at Samdo village, morning walk leads towards more dry and barren country. As the altitude gains slowly with few short ups and downs then completing the morning walk at Larke phedi, means base of the hill or pass with afternoon free to relax or short walks.
- Day 13 Cross Larke-la 5,135m and to Bimthang 3,720 m - 08 hrs.
A Big Day and highlight of the adventure, starting early to reach the top of Larke-la pass at 5,135 m, a long climb with views of surrounding mountains Mt. Manaslu, Larke peak, Bouddha Himal, Himal-Chuli and Peak 29. After a strenuous climb reaching the pass, our highest point of the trip marked with Buddhist prayer flags, offering super views of surrounding great giant peaks, after a short rest enjoying the views a long descend leads to Bimthang for overnight stop a beautiful place surrounded with forest of tall rhododendron and pines trees.
- Day 14 Trek to Gho 2,560 m - 05 hrs.
After a hard and tough walk of previous day, today an easy trek on downhill path most of the way to Gho, located in the midst of a lovely forested area, as our walk lead through woodlands of rhododendron, pines and oaks tree lines passing several farm shades to reach at Gho for overnight stop.
- Day 15 Trek to Dharapani 1,860 m - 06 hrs.
From Gho with pristine surrounding of lovely forest, our last day walk leads downhill most of the way to Telje village by the Marshyangdi River, after Tilje an hour climb to reach at Dharapani. A large village with many fine lodges located in Manang district and popular Annapurna Circuit trekking trail.
- Day 16 Drive back to Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
Enjoying time around scenic high hills and mountains with an adventure on Manaslu Circuit trekking with great views, morning depart for Kathmandu with an interesting overland drive to Kathmandu after a grand time around Manaslu circuit trekking, on reaching Kathmandu afternoon free for individual activities and shopping souvenirs.
- Day 17 In Kathmandu free day with an optional sightseeing tour.
Remarkable Adventure Trek reserves this day as contingency day in case of delay on trek due to bad weather and with the nature of trekking on Manaslu Circuit, as Himalayan weather pattern can be unpredictable with unfavorable heavy cloudy days, if all goes well as per the itinerary you can enjoy as free day for individual activities and shopping souvenirs or book for another interesting sight-seeing tour around Kathmandu-Patan and Bhaktapur.
- Day 18 International departure for homeward bound.
Your last day in amazing Nepal country of Himalayan wonders, as per your flight time transfer for your international flight with fond memory and excellent time on Manaslu Circuit Trekking with great service of Remarkable Adventure.
Cost Information1. What's Includes
- Airport/Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private tourist vehicle.
- Standard twin sharing accommodation in a three-star hotel in Kathmandu; Breakfast included.
- Guided city tour in Kathmandu by private tourist vehicle.
- All your standard Meals (Breakfasts, Lunches, and Dinners) during the trek.
- Lodges, Guesthouses accommodation during the trek.
- Remarkable Adventure Treks’ local licensed holder English speaking guide.
- The required number of local staff and porters to carry your luggage during the trek.
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all staffs.
- Manaslu Conservation Area entrance permit and TIMS permit for trekking.
- Down Jacket and sleeping bag by Remarkable Adventure Trek (which need to be returned after the trek).
- Surface transfer from and to Kathmandu.
- Free Remarkable Adventure Trek duffel/kit bag (yours to keep).
- Sightseeing/Monument entrance fees in Kathmandu on the second day.
- Farewell dinner in typical Nepali Restaurant with cultural show.
- All our government taxes, vat, tourist service charges and official expenses.
- Lunch and dinner whilst in Kathmandu.
- Travel insurance which covers emergency Rescue and Evacuation.
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- Nepal entry visa; you can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. (Tourist Visa with Multiple Entries for 30 days can be obtained by paying the US $ 40 or equivalent foreign currency. Similarly, Tourist Visa with Multiple Entries for 90 days can be obtained by paying the US $ 100. Please bring 2 copies of passport size photos).
- Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks.
- Items of a personal nature (personal trekking gear, beverages,internet, laundry, bottled water, etc).
- Tips for trekking staffs.
- Extra night accommodation (early arrival, late departures due to weathers, and any others reasons).
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section.
Date & Availability
Frequenty Asked Question's
Trip Equipment & Packaging List
For your trip preparations Remarkable Adventure Trek provides you with related information and advice required for your adventure holiday trip in and around Nepal Himalaya and beyond, providing you with following equipment list for the trekking. If it’s too much to carry from your home country some of the necessary equipment can be hired or bought in Kathmandu around at Thamel or in Pokhara as well. Most of the equipment is general and standard lists for all seasons while on the trek but may differ as per the season and duration of trekking and areas of your chosen trip.
- Sun hat or scarf.
- Light balaclava or warm fleece headgear.
- Sun Glasses and snow goggles with UV protection.
For Lower Body:
- Under Garments.
- Hiking shorts.
- Lightweight cotton long pants.
- Light and expedition weight thermal bottoms.
- Fleece or wool pants (seasonal).
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell pants.
- Thin, lightweight inner socks.
- Thick, warm wool hiking socks.
- Hiking boots with spare laces.
- Camp shoes (sneakers and/or sandals).
- Gaiters for hiking in winter to the base camp.
For Upper Body:
- Light and expedition weight thermal tops.
- Fleece jacket or pullover.
- Fleece Wind-Stopper jacket (optional).
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell jacket.
- Down vest and/or jacket.
- Lightweight gloves.
- Heavyweight gloves or mittens with a waterproof shell outer (seasonal).
- Sleeping bag rated to zero DC (4 seasons down sleeping bags).
- Headlamp (e.g. Petzl Zoom) with spare bulbs and batteries.
- Trekking Bags/Duffel bag.
- Basic First Aid Kit.
- Large plastic bags – for keeping items dry inside your kit/duffel bag.
- Daypack (approximately 2500 to 3000 cubic inches / 10-15 liters / kgs capacity).
- Trekking Poles (optional).
- Water bottle (2) or cameo bag.
- Toiletries (Small wash towel, Toilet papers etc).
- Ear Plug (who know some people on a group are snoring) as optional.
- 1 medium sized quick-drying towel.
- Toothbrush/paste (preferably biodegradable).
- Multipurpose soaps (preferably biodegradable).
- Nail clippers.
- Face and body moisturizer.
- Feminine hygiene products.
- Small mirror.
On Personal Hygiene:
- Wet wipes (baby wipes).
- Tissue /toilet roll.
- Anti-bacterial hands wash.
Extra Luxuries as optional:
- Reading book.
- Trail Map/Guidebook.
- Journal & Pen.
- Pen and small notebooks.
- Travel game i.e. chess, backgammon, and scrabble.
Remarkable Adventure Trek operates and runs all high altitude treks and climbs with the support of our expert and veteran guides who has been in these profession for more than two decades, all our guide have undergone with much training and attending workshop on related fields every year like Medical Course with enough knowledge of AMS (Acute Mountain Sickness) and proper use of Gamma Bag or Portable Altitude Chamber (PAC) pressure bags when required on emergency purpose on high AMS symptoms and to work on minor medical problem treatments.
Causes of Altitude Mountain Sickness:
- Altitude mountain sickness is caused by reduced of air pressure with lower oxygen levels at high altitude.
- The faster you climb to a high elevation, more likely you will get altitude or acute mountain sickness (AMS).
- Difficulty in sleeps.
- Dizziness or light-headed.
- Loss of appetite.
- Nausea or vomiting.
- Rapid pulse (heart rate).
- Shortness of breath with exertion.
- Altitude mountain sickness is easier to treat in the early stage.
- The main treatment for all forms of mountain sickness is to go down (descend) towards lower altitude as fast you can with support of our guide and staff.
- Extra oxygen should be given, if available.
- People with severe altitude mountain sickness should be admitted to a hospital or evacuated by any means of transportation the fastest is by Helicopter.
- Remarkable Adventure Trek suggests you Polyacrylamide (Diamox) because this medicine helps you to feel better if you are trekking in high altitude areas.
- It also helps you to reduce mild symptoms. This medicine works best when you take it before you start gaining much higher altitude. Beside our advice please consol with your doctor.
While climbing higher elevation:
- Drink plenty of fluids (water-plain black tea-lemon-tea or nutritional value drinks).
- Avoid alcohol
- Eat a lot of garlic’s (this is local way fighting altitude).
- You should avoid high altitudes if you have heart or lung disease.
Note: In case of emergency, you will be immediately airlifted by Helicopter to Kathmandu.
Nobody knows or cares about the safety of your group better than our trekking guides because they know how to cope with the unexpected situations that occasionally arise in the high altitudes of the Himalaya. In these situations, it is vital that trekkers are flexible and listen to the guides’ directions. The trip that you are on may be affected by weather, politics, or even wildlife. Whatever the factor may be, it is possible you may have some changes in your itinerary, as the seasoned guides of Remarkable Adventure Trek decide the safest option for you. If changes must be made to your trip, our guides will work hard to stick to your original itinerary as much as possible until the change becomes unavoidable. However, Remarkable Adventure Trek will not be responsible for an outcome, resulting from bad weather, wildlife, or political situation before, during, or post trip.
WHAT MAKES THIS TRIP DIFFERENT FROM OTHERS?
Trek Remarkable Adventure Trek works for social causes with some non-profit organizations of Nepal, concerned with environment conservation and preservation includes street children who need better education and good normal life. We help and support for the cause with some of our profits to certain organizations so that we can make street children with sound and better life when they grow up.
We believe that education and healthy children make more stable and better future of Nepal.
For donation, Sponsorship, and Volunteering, please contact to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Manaslu circuit trekking around world’s eight highest mountains with scenic Larkya-la passes.
- Views of high snow clad mountains on daily walks with dramatic landscapes scenery.
- Visiting Gurung-Magar and high Manaslu villages of immense Buddhist culture and custom.
- Enchanting lovely alpine woodland of tall rhododendron-magnolia-firs-pines and fir trees.
- Walking around both side of massive Manaslu mountains ending at Manang area.
- Following raging Budhi-Gandaki River right up to its glacial source near the base of Larkya pass.
What To Expect
- Accommodation Type
- Travel Strategy
Related Trips updating soon !!.