An exclusive trek leads you to Nepal’s largest Rara Lake Trekking of 10.8 qs km at an altitude 2,990 m high, located in Mugu District and a small area within Jumla District of Karnali Zone. Rara area the smallest park in Nepal, A remarkable journey to Nepal Far Western Himalaya, where foreign visitors seldom this beautiful and fascinating destination around Rara Lake Trekking, of immense beauty with natural surroundings of coniferous forest dominated by blue pine, black juniper, West Himalayan spruce, oak, Himalayan cypress and other species. This scenic and picturesque region an ideal habitat for musk deer and another mountain wildlife Himalayan black bear, leopard, Goral, Himalayan Thar and wild boar. In the lake snow trout is the only fish recorded where resident Gallin Tacos birds and migrant waterfowl are also quite commonly sighted in this area. Beside its beautiful landscapes views of distant peaks of Dolpo and API Shripal with Kamara and Kanjiborba can be seen during the walks around magnificent Rara Lake Trekking. Taking a super scenic flight from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj, a city close to Indian border of UP (Utter Pradesh) with warm sub-tropical climate, and then heading towards Joomla taking another swift flight where our wonderful walk leads through a number of villages and across Jaljala pass within Sinja valley.
Sinja Valley, an important an old historical place of Nepal, as it was the earlier and ancient capital city of Malla Thakuri Kingdom that ruled from 12th to 16th century. Palaces, temples, and the ancient remains of a settlement were exposed during excavations spearheaded by the Department of Archaeology of Cambridge University. After a cultural and scenic walk reaching to our main highlight at Rara Lake a simmering lake where your eyes take you at the far end of the lake surrounded by enchanting woodland, rolling hills and snow capped peaks. With ample to explore around Rara Lake our journey heads back to Jumla taking a high and scenic Daphe Lagna pass at above 3,691 m high with glorious views of the country landscapes and mountains and then walking to Jumla for scenic flight back to Kathmandu via Nepalgunj, where our mesmerizing and wonderful Rara Lake Trekking concludes with great service and arrangement of Remarkable Adventure.
- Day 1 Arrival in Kathmandu (1,300 m /4,264 ft) and transfer to hotel.
On arrival at Kathmandu Tribhuvan International Airport, received by a representative of Remarkable Adventure Trek and then transfer you to your hotel around Thamel areas in the hub of the Kathmandu city. At the hotel, our guide and staff will provide information on dos and don’ts brief you with your programs on sightseeing and trekking.
- Day 2 In Kathmandu with a sightseeing tour and trek preparation.
After breakfast, leave the hotel for a sightseeing tour around famous historical places of Kathmandu guided by Remarkable Adventure Trek City guide. Morning visit of following places starting with Kathmandu Durbar Square a UNESCO World Heritage Site of Nepal, where most of the buildings that you see dated from 15th to 18th Century. The major Interesting things to see here are “Kumari (The Living Goddess) Gar” “Kastha Mandap” Maru Ganesh, Mahadev Temple, Shiva-Parvati Temple, Bhagwati Temple, Old Palace, Saraswati Temple, Krishna Octangular Temple, Big Drums, Kal Bhairav, Jagannath Temple, and Taleju Temple. Tour of Pashupatinath Temple, one of the main temples of the Hindu listed as world heritage site, situated on the bank of Bagmati River. Only Hindus are allowed inside the main temple premises, while others can view from the bank of Bagmati River, observe pilgrims and devotees worshipping and praying the temple dedicated to Lord Shiva. Tour of Boudhanath, one of the holiest Buddhist sites in Nepal and has four pairs of eyes. Each represents eyes of Lord Buddha. Observe people from all religions going around this stupa and spinning prayer wheels. Rest of the day free preparation for Rara Lake Trekking and with an early departure from the hotel for scenic flight to Nepal Far West and onward.
- Day 3 Fly to Nepalgunj on Nepal Far South West and transfer to hotel.
Depart from the hotel as per the flight time to Nepalgunj, where a scenic and panoramic flight of 50 minutes takes you to Nepal Far South West at Nepalgunj, a city of great Indian influence and with warm temperatures as it touches with Indian state of UP (Utter Pradesh), an interesting city to explore in the afternoon time before we fly to Jumla next early morning.
- Day 4 Fly to Jumla 2,540 m then trek to Chauriya Chaur 3,055 - 05 hrs.
Early breakfast for another short connecting flight to Jumla, on reaching Jumla after 40 minutes on air, received by our trekking staff that has traveled here taking a long overland drive and walks, Jumla main headquarter town of Jumla district. From Jumla start the trek with a short climb walking past nice farm villages to reach our first overnight camp at Chauriya Chaur a nice farm village on route beautiful Rara Lake.
- Day 5 Trek on route Bota via Jaljala pass at 3,585 m - 06 hrs.
After a pleasant first overnight stop on the high hills of western Nepal, morning starts with an uphill walk into the forest of rhododendron, birch and pine trees towards a green hilltop ridge, a small pass called Jaljala Bhanjyang with wonderful views of Kanjiroba Himal. Trek continues into the wilderness with a downhill walk for few hours to reach a summer pasture for overnight camp, a nice spot of a grassy field in the middle of nowhere.
- Day 6 Trek to Bota 2, 680m via Sinja Khola 2,440 m -06 hrs.
Morning walk descends to Sinja area for few hours following Jaljala Khola (stream) downstream into forested area of dense pine forest leading to terraced farm areas a Sinja village (this was an old kingdom during Malla era), one can notice ancient rundown, ruin temples and monuments, old sculptured stones, covered with thick moss and weeds. From here walking upstream to a small village of Ganj, after a nice stop continue to walk through an interesting gorge to the overnight stop at Bota village.
- Day 7 Trek to Ghorasinga 3,050m near Rara Lake - 06 hrs.
After steady walk for several days, a pleasant walk this morning to Ghorasinga near the entrance of Rara National Park, on leaving Sinja Khola following a stream of Ghatte Khola further north, then a short climb to reach a wonderful valley with farmlands and interesting primitive water mill. From here walk to overnight camp at Ghorasinga on the outer rim of Rara National Park with a small police post, afternoon at leisure for short walk or just relax and catch up with the dairy.
- Day 8 Trek to Rara Lake 2,980m - 06 hrs.
Today walk leads to our main destination at Rara which is Nepal’s largest Lake, starting the morning walk into pristine area heading uphill to Chuchemara Danda at 4,260 meters high with great views of landscapes and snow-capped mountains, from here downhill through forest of bamboo and birch trees, crossing Khatyar Khola upstream to reach our destination at Rara Lake for overnight stops. Around this lake, there is few lodge and guest built by the Park and village community for visitors.
- Day 9 Rest day for an excursion around the lake.
A perfect and ideal place for rest days, morning explore this fabulous area where trekkers seldom visit, climb a wooden tower for best views of Rara Lake with surrounding beautiful rolling green hills and snow-capped peaks.
- Day 10 Trek to Pina 2,440m via Jhyari 2,635 m- 05 hrs.
After an enjoyable and relaxing time at Rara Lake, return trek to Jumla leads via the high route, morning starts with a climbing walk to a ridge at Jhyari with a small farm village. From here following Jhyari Beri Khola downstream for a short while and then crossing Dhauligar Khola valley, towards our overnight camp at Pina another nice small farm village with few moderate size houses serving as a lodge, tea shops.
- Day 11 Trek to Chauta 2,807 m via Ghurchi Lagna pass 3,480 m.
Morning walks leads uphill into serene woodland with gorgeous vista of mountains, and then reaching Ghurchi- Lagna pass the highest point of this wonderful trek, the top festooned with Buddhist prayer flags, walk descends across a nice grassy meadow into walnut groves heading to a steep and narrow valley to Chauta village for overnight stop, a small place with few shops, simple lodges.
- Day 12 Trek to Khaligaon 3,685 via Tharamara 3,270 m - 06 hrs.
After a pleasant and interesting time at Chauta village, morning trek follows Sinja khola to Bumra village leading past overhanging rock at Kamra, this is a source of an important herbal medicinal mineral called as Silaji. From here a long descend to Sinja Khola, walking past Nyawre village, with a refreshing stop, continue walk following the river with 600 m climb to Tharamara ridge top and then heading higher at Khaligaon with fabulous views of surrounding dramatic landscapes with snow clad peaks overnight on this nice Khaligaon village.
- Day 13 Trek back to Jumla - 06 hrs.
Today the last trek of this wonderful journey heading back to Jumla, morning starts with long downhill walk to reach a green valley lined with rhododendron, oaks and pines trees, on leaving the forested area back into fertile farm country with well tended terraces, walk leads past several smaller villages of Padma and then following the same river for sometime leading to Jumla town for last overnight.
- Day 14 Fly to Kathmandu via Nepalgunj and transfer to hotel.
Morning board on a smaller aircraft for short flight to Nepalgunj, on reaching Nepalgunj, transfer to another flight back to Kathmandu with views of mountains during 50 mins flight, on reaching Kathmandu transfer to your hotels.
- Day 15 International departure for homeward bound.
Your last day in amazing Nepal country of Himalayan wonders, as per your flight time transfer for your international flight with a fond memory and excellent time on Rara Lake Trekking and great service of Remarkable Adventure.
Cost Information1. What's Includes
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private tourist vehicle.
- Standard twin sharing accommodation in a three-star hotel in Kathmandu; Breakfast included.
- Guided city tour in Kathmandu by private tourist vehicle.
- All your standard Meals (Breakfasts, Lunches, and Dinners) during the trek.
- Lodges, Guesthouses accommodation during the trek.
- Remarkable Adventure Treks’ local licensed holder English speaking guide.
- The required number of local staff and porters to carry your luggage during the trek.
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all staffs.
- Conservation Area Entry permit and TIMS permit for trekking.
- Down Jacket and sleeping bag by Remarkable Adventure Trek (which need to be returned after the trek).
- Surface transfer from and to Kathmandu.
- Free Remarkable Adventure Trek duffel/kit bag (yours to keep).
- Sightseeing/Monument entrance fees in Kathmandu on the second day.
- Farewell dinner in typical Nepali Restaurant with cultural show.
- All our government taxes, vat, tourist service charges and official expenses.
- Lunch and dinner whilst in Kathmandu.
- Travel insurance which covers emergency Rescue and Evacuation.
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- Nepal entry visa; you can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. (Tourist Visa with Multiple Entries for 30 days can be obtained by paying the US $ 40 or equivalent foreign currency. Similarly, Tourist Visa with Multiple Entries for 90 days can be obtained by paying the US $ 100. Please bring 2 copies of passport size photos).
- Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks.
- Items of a personal nature (personal trekking gear, beverages,internet, laundry, bottled water, etc).
- Tips for trekking staffs.
- Extra night accommodation (early arrival, late departures due to weathers, and any others reasons).
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section.
Date & Availability
Frequenty Asked Question's
Trip Equipment & Packaging List
For your trip preparations Remarkable Adventure Trek provides you with related information and advice required for your adventure holiday trip in and around Nepal Himalaya and beyond, providing you with following equipment list for the trekking. If it’s too much to carry from your home country some of the necessary equipment can be hired or bought in Kathmandu around at Thamel or in Pokhara as well. Most of the equipment is general and standard lists for all seasons while on the trek but may differ as per the season and duration of trekking and areas of your chosen trip.
- Sun hat or scarf.
- Light balaclava or warm fleece headgear.
- Sun Glasses and snow goggles with UV protection.
For Lower Body:
- Under Garments.
- Hiking shorts.
- Lightweight cotton long pants.
- Light and expedition weight thermal bottoms.
- Fleece or wool pants (seasonal).
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell pants.
- Thin, lightweight inner socks.
- Thick, warm wool hiking socks.
- Hiking boots with spare laces.
- Camp shoes (sneakers and/or sandals).
- Gaiters for hiking in winter to the base camp.
For Upper Body:
- Light and expedition weight thermal tops.
- Fleece jacket or pullover.
- Fleece Wind-Stopper jacket (optional).
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell jacket.
- Down vest and/or jacket.
- Lightweight gloves.
- Heavyweight gloves or mittens with a waterproof shell outer (seasonal).
- Sleeping bag rated to zero DC (4 seasons down sleeping bags).
- Headlamp (e.g. Petzl Zoom) with spare bulbs and batteries.
- Trekking Bags/Duffel bag.
- Basic First Aid Kit.
- Large plastic bags – for keeping items dry inside your kit/duffel bag.
- Daypack (approximately 2500 to 3000 cubic inches / 10-15 liters / kgs capacity).
- Trekking Poles (optional).
- Water bottle (2) or cameo bag.
- Toiletries (Small wash towel, Toilet papers etc).
- Ear Plug (who know some people on a group are snoring) as optional.
- 1 medium sized quick-drying towel.
- Toothbrush/paste (preferably biodegradable).
- Multipurpose soaps (preferably biodegradable).
- Nail clippers.
- Face and body moisturizer.
- Feminine hygiene products.
- Small mirror.
On Personal Hygiene:
- Wet wipes (baby wipes).
- Tissue /toilet roll.
- Anti-bacterial hands wash.
Extra Luxuries as optional:
- Reading book.
- Trail Map/Guidebook.
- Journal & Pen.
- Pen and small notebooks.
- Travel game i.e. chess, backgammon, and scrabble.
Remarkable Adventure Trek operates and runs all high altitude treks and climbs with the support of our expert and veteran guides who has been in these profession for more than two decades, all our guide have undergone with much training and attending workshop on related fields every year like Medical Course with enough knowledge of AMS (Acute Mountain Sickness) and proper use of Gamma Bag or Portable Altitude Chamber (PAC) pressure bags when required on emergency purpose on high AMS symptoms and to work on minor medical problem treatments.
Causes of Altitude Mountain Sickness:
- Altitude mountain sickness is caused by reduced of air pressure with lower oxygen levels at high altitude.
- The faster you climb to a high elevation, more likely you will get altitude or acute mountain sickness (AMS).
- Difficulty in sleeps.
- Dizziness or light-headed.
- Loss of appetite.
- Nausea or vomiting.
- Rapid pulse (heart rate).
- Shortness of breath with exertion.
- Altitude mountain sickness is easier to treat in the early stage.
- The main treatment for all forms of mountain sickness is to go down (descend) towards lower altitude as fast you can with support of our guide and staff.
- Extra oxygen should be given, if available.
- People with severe altitude mountain sickness should be admitted to a hospital or evacuated by any means of transportation the fastest is by Helicopter.
- Remarkable Adventure Trek suggests you Polyacrylamide (Diamox) because this medicine helps you to feel better if you are trekking in high altitude areas.
- It also helps you to reduce mild symptoms. This medicine works best when you take it before you start gaining much higher altitude. Beside our advice please consol with your doctor.
While climbing higher elevation:
- Drink plenty of fluids (water-plain black tea-lemon-tea or nutritional value drinks).
- Avoid alcohol
- Eat a lot of garlic’s (this is local way fighting altitude).
- You should avoid high altitudes if you have heart or lung disease.
Note: In case of emergency, you will be immediately airlifted by Helicopter to Kathmandu.
Nobody knows or cares about the safety of your group better than our trekking guides because they know how to cope with the unexpected situations that occasionally arise in the high altitudes of the Himalaya. In these situations, it is vital that trekkers are flexible and listen to the guides’ directions. The trip that you are on may be affected by weather, politics, or even wildlife. Whatever the factor may be, it is possible you may have some changes in your itinerary, as the seasoned guides of Remarkable Adventure Trek decide the safest option for you. If changes must be made to your trip, our guides will work hard to stick to your original itinerary as much as possible until the change becomes unavoidable. However, Remarkable Adventure Trek will not be responsible for an outcome, resulting from bad weather, wildlife, or political situation before, during, or post trip.
WHAT MAKES THIS TRIP DIFFERENT FROM OTHERS?
Trek Remarkable Adventure Trek works for social causes with some non-profit organizations of Nepal, concerned with environment conservation and preservation includes street children who need better education and good normal life. We help and support for the cause with some of our profits to certain organizations so that we can make street children with sound and better life when they grow up.
We believe that education and healthy children make more stable and better future of Nepal.
For donation, Sponsorship, and Volunteering, please contact to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A scenic and beautiful walk on Nepal Far West within pristine Rara Lake areas.
- Views of high snow clad mountains on daily walks with dramatic landscapes scenery.
- Visiting high hills Hindu Thakuri people villages of immense Hindu with a touch of Buddhist cultures.
- A picturesque country trekkers and nature lovers paradise within Nepal wild Far West.
- Walking around old and historical trails of ancient Sinja areas a Thakuri Malla kingdom.
- Around Nepal’s largest lake of Rara within tranquil and enchanting forest surrounding.
What To Expect
- Accommodation Type
- Travel Strategy
Related Trips updating soon !!.