Tilicho Lake and Throung – La Trek leads you around high Manang valley located Nepal North West Himalaya, within Annapurna and Nilgiris mountain range, where you can immerse with glorious mountain panorama in the comfort of local hospitality with neat and cozy lodges on route trekking around high Manang valley and at Tilicho emerald lakeside. Tilicho Lake & Throung – La Pass Trek, an overwhelming adventure where you will be within picturesque Annapurna circuit mainstream trekking trails for week duration, and then leaving the main route heading into complete wilderness towards beautiful turquoise colored lake of Tilicho. After an enjoyable moment at beautiful Tilicho Lake and then heading towards our highest point of the adventure over Thorang La Pass at 5, 416 m high to reach our ending point of the trek at lovely Jomsom the headquarter town of Mustang region, famous for delicious apples and on the ancient Trans-Himalayan Caravan Salt Trade of Nepal to Tibet. This wonderful trek begins with an interesting drive from Kathmandu to reach warmer areas of Lamjung at Besisahar town and unto Syange and Jagat farm village and then walking higher with marvelous views of snow clad peaks reaching at dry and barren high and beautiful Manang valley, where you will be within old Buddhist culture amidst high mountains exploring its rich traditions around Dharapani-Chame town- Pisang and Manang villages.
After Manang leaving behind the popular Annapurna circuit route towards remote and isolated areas of hidden Manang valley at Tilicho Lake, with an enjoyable time heading towards Jomsom through high Thorang-La pass for the flight to Pokhara. Our fabulous and memorable adventure Tilicho Lake & Throung – La Pass Trek concludes at beautiful Pokhara with a drive back to Kathmandu, after an incredible experience of a lifetime adventure on high Manang valley around Tilicho Lake & Throung-La Trek.
- Day 1 Arrival in Kathmandu 1,300 m /4,264 ft and transfer to hotel.
On arrival at Kathmandu Tribhuvan International Airport, received by a representative of Remarkable Adventure Trek and then transfer you to your hotel around Thamel areas in the hub of the Kathmandu city. At the hotel, our guide and staff will provide information on dos and don’ts brief you with your programs on sightseeing and trekking.
- Day 2 In Kathmandu with a sightseeing tour and trek preparation.
After breakfast, leave the hotel for a sightseeing tour around famous historical places of Kathmandu guided by Remarkable Adventure Trek City guide. Morning visit of following places starting with Kathmandu Durbar Square a UNESCO World Heritage Site of Nepal, where most of the buildings that you see dated from 15th to 18th Century. The major Interesting things to see here are “Kumari (The Living Goddess) Gar” “Kastha Mandap” Shiva ParvatiMaru Ganesh, MahShiva-ParvatiTemple, Bhagwati Temple, Old Palace, Saraswati Temple, Krishna Octangular Temple, Big Drums, Kal Bhairav, Jagannath Temple, and Taleju Temple. Tour of Pashupatinath Temple, one of the main temples of the Hindu listed as world heritage site, situated on the bank of Bagmati River. Only Hindus are allowed inside the main temple premises, while others can view from the bank of Bagmati River, observe pilgrims and devotees worshipping and praying the temple dedicated to Lord Shiva.
- Day 3 Drive to Chamje 1,410 m / 4,626 ft on 4WD -07 hrs.
Starting Tilicho Lake & Thorang-la Pass trekking taking an interesting morning drive towards Nepal midwest, leading to Besishar town (headquarter of Lamjung district). From here transfer to another vehicle and continue drive on dirt road following raging Marshyangdi River passing villages of Khudi and Bhulbule village, a nice and lovely farm villages with views of snow capped peaks. Drive continues past Bhulbule leading through rice terraces fields and villages to reach at Syange a small village by the river Marshyangdi overlooking beautiful waterfalls, from Syange our drive leads to a climb leaving Marshyangdi River behind reaching at Jagat village, a farm village with many lodges for trekkers and from here a short drive brings you at Chamje inhabited by people of Tibetan origin the tribe of high Manang valley.
- Day 4 Trek to Dharapani 1,860 m / 6,102 ft - 06 hrs.
Starting our first day walk of the adventure leading on winding path past Chamje village and back at Marshyangdi River crossing to east side into forested area, with super views of Annapurna and Manaslu mountain ranges. As the walk continues reaching a nice village at Tal Besi, from here another 3 hours walk leads to our overnight stop at Dharapani village. Dharapani a nice village located on a junction of Annapurna circuit and Manaslu trekking trail.
- Day 5 Trek to Chame 2,760 m / 9,022 ft -06 hrs.
After Dharapani walk leads into rhododendron and pine forest passing villages of Bagarchap and Danque, then at Timang village with more Buddhist cultured village including views of Mt. Manaslu 8,163m / 26,781ft. From Timang village few hours trek leads to Koto and then to Chame town for overnight stop, Chame a large major town of Manang area and a head quarter town of the district.
- Day 6 Trek to Pisang 3,200 m /10,495ft -06 hrs.
Around Pisang onwards walk leads close to mountains through alpine forests of rhododendron and pine trees, following Marshyangdi River upstream with short ups and down hills to Bhratang village. From Bhratang village walk follows uphill through alpine woodland to Dhukure Pokhari a small place with few teahouses and lodge overlooking Chulu’s and Pisang peak, with possible lunch stop, and then descends to lower Pisang village for overnight stop.
- Day 7 Trek to Manang 3,540m / 11,614 ft -05 hrs.
Morning views of mountains, from here onward altitude gains as the walk leads through forest with short uphill and views of Annapurna II and III, Gangapurna Chulu’s and Pisang peak.
Walk downhill to reach flat valley at Hongde village, from here onward tree lines fades for barren, arid landscapes with cold, dry arctic climate. Before Manang, visit old Braga monastery with old Buddhist relics, ancient wall painting and frescos and stunning views of Annapurna Himalaya, from here an hour walk reaches Manang village.
- Day 8 Acclimatization day at Manang with short hikes.
A necessary rest day at Manang for acclimatization before reaching higher areas to Thorang-la pass, in Manang short hike around Manang village, this is a large village situated on windswept valley by the bank of Marshyangdi River below Annapurna and Gangapurna mountain range, a nice walk uphill for views of Gangapurna Glacier and Manang glacial
- Day 9 Trek to Khangsar 3,745 m / 12,286 ft -04 hrs.
After Manang village morning walk leads to another highlight of this trip, as our route diverts from main Annapurna circuit trail reaching one of the last village of Manang at Khangsar for overnight stop which lies on route to Tiliocho Lake.
- Day 10 Trek to Tilicho Lake Base camp 4,140 m / 13,583 ft -06 hrs.
After Khangsar, morning walk leads further to remote areas of Manang areas with tough morning walk reaching to Tilicho Base Camp, overnight stop in a nice lodge local set on a nice meadow, with chances of spotting some wild-life like antelopes, musk deer or elusive snow leopard with super views of Tilicho and Gangapurna peaks.
- Day 11 Trek to Tilicho Lake 4,949 m / 16,138 ft explore around the lake and trek to base camp.
From here onwards around the dry and arid country, morning walk on the downhill for some time, then uphill to reach Tilicho Lake for lunch and to explore the surrounding beautiful emerald colored Tilicho Lake with incredible views of peaks that encircle this lovely spot. Tilicho Lake a holy spot for both Hindu’s and Buddhist religions, after a wonderful time around Tilicho Lake head back towards base camp for an overnight stop.
- Day 12 Trek to Yak Kharka 4,018 m / 13,182 ft - 06 hrs.
After a superb time at Tilicho Lake and its beautiful areas, walk towards Ghunsang village with short uphill to reach at Yak Kharka, an interesting walk with views of snowcapped mountains, on crossing a small stream reaching Yak Kharka for an overnight stop, a small settlement with views of Gangapurna, Annapurna III and Chulu Peaks.
- Day 13 Trek to Thorang High Camp or Phedi 4,450m / 14,599 ft - 04 hrs.
Morning walk lead to more high elevation getting closer at the base of Thorang-la after crossing a bridge with a climb along the river bank of Jarjung, finally walk leads at Thorang Phedi, here depending upon the physical conditions of the clients, if all goes well an hour steep climb to Thorang High Camp for overnight stop.
- Day 14 Cross Thorang La 5,416m | 17,769 ft and trek to Muktinath 3,800 m - 06 hrs.
One of the highlight and Big Day of this adventure! After early breakfast walk leads to a long climb to Thorang-la on a steep winding path to reach Thoraang La Pass at 5,416 m / 17,769 ft. The highest point of the adventure with views of snowcapped peaks, and then with long descends to reach in the holy Muktinath around Lower Mustang area. On reaching Muktinath for overnight stop, this is a holy spot for both Hindus and Buddhists the word Muktinath literally means ‘the place for Nirvana or Liberation’
- Day 15 Trek to Jomsom 2,710 m/ 8,891 ft - 04 hrs.
After Muktinath, rest of the journey is easier with an easy and pleasant walk with a big drop of 1,200m downhill to Kaligandaki river valley, this nice walk leads to Kaligandaki river valley at Jomsom; headquarter town of Mustang area with a small airstrip above Kaligandaki River. Afternoon explores the Jomsom town area located on old Trans-Himalaya Salt Trade route of Nepal-India and Tibet which is at lower Mustang, famous for delicious apples and its products.
- Day 16 Morning flight to Pokhara 910 m / 2,985 ft 22 mins with tour around Pokhara.
Early morning transfer to Jomsom airport close to the lodge, a 22 minutes of sweeping scenic flight brings you at picturesque city in Pokhara, one of the popular and famous touristic spot in whole Himalaya with warm temperature blessed with natural beauty of verdant valley and rolling green hills and on the laps of massive Annapurna Himalaya where it reflects on its serene Phewa and Begnas Lakes, in Pokhara just relax and take a boat ride or join in our tour around places of interest around Pokhara. Where our tour leads you to interesting sites of Bindhyabasini Temple: This temple is dedicated to goddess Bhagwati. This Bhagwati is Pokhara Guardian deity, and her another name is Shakti or Kali. Bhagwati is also known as a blood-thirsty aspect of goddess. Worshippers flock in this temple to perform sacrifices. • Mahendra Cave: This cave is one of the major tourist attractions of Pokhara. The cave itself is amazing and has the various natural shapes and images of the various Hindu gods and goddess, made of limestone.. • Davis Falls; this is a fall, whose water forms an underground tunnel after reaching the bottom. On 31 July 1961, a Swiss couple Davi went swimming but the woman drowned in a pit because of the overflow. Her body was recovered 3 days later in the Phusre River with a great effort. Her father wished to name it “Davis falls” after her. Its Nepali name is Patale Chango, which means “underworld waterfall”. • Fewa Lake: This lake is one of the attractions of Pokhara for the tourists and locals. Thousands of Nepalis visit for recreation and enjoyment. The north shore of the lake has developed into a tourist district, commonly called Lake-Side, with hotels, restaurants, and bars, catering to the tourists. • Barahi Temple: This temple is located on an island in Phewa Lake. This Hindu temple in Nepal is dedicated to Ajima, representative of the force of Shakti. Shakti is the Hindu mother goddess who is the origin of universal creativity and power. Shakti as a feminine power assumes several roles. In the form of Durga, Shakti protects the gods from demons. Both local inhabitants of Pokhara and tourist alike flock to the Barahi temple regularly.
- Day 17 From Pokhara drive to Kathmandu 1,345 m - 06hrs.
After a wonderful time up in the high mountains and hills, taking a morning driving journey back to Kathmandu, on reaching at Kathmandu after 5-6 hours of nice interesting drive and then transfer to your respective hotels with afternoon free for individual activities and shopping souvenirs. (Options by air 30 minutes flight back to Kathmandu with great views)
- Day 18 International departure for homeward bound.
Your last day in amazing Nepal country of Himalayan wonders, as per your flight time transfer for your international flight with fond memory and excellent time on Tilicho Lake & Thorang – La Pass Trekking with great service of Remarkable Adventure.
Cost Information1. What's Includes
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private tourist vehicle.
- Standard twin sharing accommodation in a three-star hotel in Kathmandu; Breakfast included.
- Guided city tour in Kathmandu by private tourist vehicle.
- All your standard Meals (Breakfasts, Lunches, and Dinners) during the trek.
- Lodges, Guesthouses accommodation during the trek.
- Remarkable Adventure Treks’ local licensed holder English speaking guide.
- The required number of local staff and porters to carry your luggage during the trek.
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all staffs.
- ACAP permits and TIMS permit for trekking.
- Down Jacket and sleeping bag by Remarkable Adventure Trek (which need to be returned after the trek).
- Surface transfer from and to Kathmandu.
- Free Remarkable Adventure Trek duffel/kit bag (yours to keep).
- Sightseeing/Monument entrance fees in Kathmandu on second day.
- Farewell dinner in typical Nepali Restaurant with cultural show.
- All our government taxes, vat, tourist service charges and official expenses.
- Lunch and dinner whilst in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Travel insurance which covers emergency Rescue and Evacuation.
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- Nepal entry visa; you can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. (Tourist Visa with Multiple Entries for 30 days can be obtained by paying the US $ 40 or equivalent foreign currency. Similarly, Tourist Visa with Multiple Entries for 90 days can be obtained by paying the US $ 100. Please bring 2 copies of passport size photos).
- Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks.
- Items of a personal nature (personal trekking gear, beverages, the internet, laundry, bottled water, etc).
- Tips for trekking staffs.
- Extra night accommodation (early arrival, late departures due to weathers, and any others reasons).
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section.
Date & Availability
Frequenty Asked Question's
Trip Equipment & Packaging List
For your trip preparations Remarkable Adventure Trek provides you with related information and advice required for your adventure holiday trip in and around Nepal Himalaya and beyond, providing you with following equipment list for the trekking. If it’s too much to carry from your home country some of the necessary equipment can be hired or bought in Kathmandu around at Thamel or in Pokhara as well. Most of the equipment is general and standard lists for all seasons while on the trek but may differ as per the season and duration of trekking and areas of your chosen trip.
- Sun hat or scarf.
- Light balaclava or warm fleece headgear.
- Sun Glasses and snow goggles with UV protection.
For Lower Body:
- Under Garments.
- Hiking shorts.
- Lightweight cotton long pants.
- Light and expedition weight thermal bottoms.
- Fleece or wool pants (seasonal).
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell pants.
- Thin, lightweight inner socks.
- Thick, warm wool hiking socks.
- Hiking boots with spare laces.
- Camp shoes (sneakers and/or sandals).
- Gaiters for hiking in winter to the base camp.
For Upper Body:
- Light and expedition weight thermal tops.
- Fleece jacket or pullover.
- Fleece Wind-Stopper jacket (optional).
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell jacket.
- Down vest and/or jacket.
- Lightweight gloves.
- Heavyweight gloves or mittens with a waterproof shell outer (seasonal).
- Sleeping bag rated to zero DC (4 seasons down sleeping bags).
- Headlamp (e.g. Petzl Zoom) with spare bulbs and batteries.
- Trekking Bags/Duffel bag.
- Basic First Aid Kit.
- Large plastic bags – for keeping items dry inside your kit/duffel bag.
- Daypack (approximately 2500 to 3000 cubic inches / 10-15 liters / kgs capacity).
- Trekking Poles (optional).
- Water bottle (2) or cameo bag.
- Toiletries (Small wash towel, Toilet papers etc).
- Ear Plug (who know some people on a group are snoring) as optional.
- 1 medium sized quick-drying towel.
- Toothbrush/paste (preferably biodegradable).
- Multipurpose soaps (preferably biodegradable).
- Nail clippers.
- Face and body moisturizer.
- Feminine hygiene products.
- Small mirror.
On Personal Hygiene:
- Wet wipes (baby wipes).
- Tissue /toilet roll.
- Anti-bacterial hands wash.
Extra Luxuries as optional:
- Reading book.
- Trail Map/Guidebook.
- Journal & Pen.
- Pen and small notebooks.
- Travel game i.e. chess, backgammon, and scrabble.
Remarkable Adventure Trek operates and runs all high altitude treks and climbs with the support of our expert and veteran guides who has been in these profession for more than two decades, all our guide have undergone with much training and attending workshop on related fields every year like Medical Course with enough knowledge of AMS (Acute Mountain Sickness) and proper use of Gamma Bag or Portable Altitude Chamber (PAC) pressure bags when required on emergency purpose on high AMS symptoms and to work on minor medical problem treatments.
Causes of Altitude Mountain Sickness:
- Altitude mountain sickness is caused by reduced of air pressure with lower oxygen levels at high altitude.
- The faster you climb to a high elevation, more likely you will get altitude or acute mountain sickness (AMS).
- Difficulty in sleeps.
- Dizziness or light-headed.
- Loss of appetite.
- Nausea or vomiting.
- Rapid pulse (heart rate).
- Shortness of breath with exertion.
- Altitude mountain sickness is easier to treat in the early stage.
- The main treatment for all forms of mountain sickness is to go down (descend) towards lower altitude as fast you can with support of our guide and staff.
- Extra oxygen should be given, if available.
- People with severe altitude mountain sickness should be admitted to a hospital or evacuated by any means of transportation the fastest is by Helicopter.
- Remarkable Adventure Trek suggests you Polyacrylamide (Diamox) because this medicine helps you to feel better if you are trekking in high altitude areas.
- It also helps you to reduce mild symptoms. This medicine works best when you take it before you start gaining much higher altitude. Beside our advice please consol with your doctor.
While climbing higher elevation:
- Drink plenty of fluids (water-plain black tea-lemon-tea or nutritional value drinks).
- Avoid alcohol
- Eat a lot of garlic’s (this is local way fighting altitude).
- You should avoid high altitudes if you have heart or lung disease.
Note: In case of emergency, you will be immediately airlifted by Helicopter to Kathmandu.
Nobody knows or cares about the safety of your group better than our trekking guides because they know how to cope with the unexpected situations that occasionally arise in the high altitudes of the Himalaya. In these situations, it is vital that trekkers are flexible and listen to the guides’ directions. The trip that you are on may be affected by weather, politics, or even wildlife. Whatever the factor may be, it is possible you may have some changes in your itinerary, as the seasoned guides of Remarkable Adventure Trek decide the safest option for you. If changes must be made to your trip, our guides will work hard to stick to your original itinerary as much as possible until the change becomes unavoidable. However, Remarkable Adventure Trek will not be responsible for an outcome, resulting from bad weather, wildlife, or political situation before, during, or post trip.
WHAT MAKES THIS TRIP DIFFERENT FROM OTHERS?
Trek Remarkable Adventure Trek works for social causes with some non-profit organizations of Nepal, concerned with environment conservation and preservation includes street children who need better education and good normal life. We help and support for the cause with some of our profits to certain organizations so that we can make street children with sound and better life when they grow up.
We believe that education and healthy children make more stable and better future of Nepal.
For donation, Sponsorship, and Volunteering, please contact to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Adventure to Tilicho Lake around Annapurna trekking on world’s best adventure destinations.
- Views of high snow clad mountains on daily walks with dramatic landscapes scenery.
- Visiting Gurung-Manang and Thakali villages of immense Buddhist culture and custom.
- Enchanting lovely alpine woodland of tall rhododendron-magnolia-firs-pines and fir trees.
- Walking with views of both sides around Annapurna region and crossing of high and scenic Thorang-la.
- Following raging Marshyangdi River right up to its glacial source at beautiful Manang valley.
What To Expect
- Accommodation Type
- Travel Strategy
Related Trips updating soon !!.