On arrival at Kathmandu, tamang heritage Trail, the city of temples and monasteries with full of UNESCO World Heritage Sites, from here heading off to Syabrubesi around massive Langtang Himal area, located beneath Central Himalayan range of mountain. From the starting point of Tamang Heritage Trail, and then walk on a route that runs between Langtang Mountain and Ganesh Himal. Tamang are long time and early descendants from Tibet and Mongolia with colorful culture and age old heritage way of way life as it was since past hundred of centuries, the name Tamang comes from Ta means ‘Horse and Mar’ for red, (later change into mang instead of mar) the horse cavalry soldiers of Mongolian and Tibetan lords. Mountain tribes settled within beautiful landscapes on the high hills of Central Himalaya around Langtang Himal, the area abound with the alpine terrain, covered with seasonal rhododendron forest, offers an outstanding view of Ganesh and Langtang Himal as far to Jugal Himal range of peaks.
Our walk passes through the region, where you can observe Tamang immense culture and interesting old monasteries. Eventually, it leads to several villages Gatlang- Thuman, adorned with wooden engravings. The village of Tamang people have known for incredible hospitality and the area is close to the Tibetan border. The trekking trail of this trek first takes you to the terraced field and later to small villages and peaceful valleys. After a wonderful time around traditional Tamang villages and into enchanting woodland walk leads high above at beautiful Langtang valley in Kyanjin Gompa, the highest spot of the trek offering incredible scenery of high snow capped peak that circles this lovely place. Journey then heads off downhill to catch a ride back to Kathmandu from Syabrubesi village with exciting drive after completing a marvelous journey on Tamang Heritage Trail.
Arrival in Kathmandu 1,300 m /4,264 ft and transfer to hotel.
On arrival at Kathmandu Tribhuvan International Airport, received by a representative of Remarkable Adventure Trek and then transfer you to your hotel around Thamel areas in the hub of the Kathmandu city. At the hotel, our guide and staff will provide information on dos and don’ts brief you with your programs on sightseeing and trekking.
In Kathmandu with a sightseeing tour and trek preparation.
After breakfast, leave the hotel for a sightseeing tour around famous historical places of Kathmandu guided by Remarkable Adventure Trek City guide. Morning visit of following places starting with Kathmandu Durbar Square a UNESCO World Heritage Site of Nepal, where most of the buildings that you see dated from 15th to 18th Century. The major Interesting things to see here are “Kumari (The Living Goddess) Gar” “Kastha Mandap” SaraswotiMaru Ganesh, Mahadev Temple, Shiva-Parvati Temple, Bhagwati Temple, OldSaraswatiTemple, Krishna Octangular Temple, Big Drums, Kal Bhairav, Jagannath Temple, and Taleju Temple. Tour of Pashupatinath Temple and Boudhanath, one of the main temples of the Hindu listed as world heritage site, situated on the bank of Bagmati River. Only Hindus are allowed inside the main temple premises, while others can view from the bank of Bagmati River, observe pilgrims and devotees worshipping and praying the temple dedicated to Lord Shiva. After a pleasant time, a short drive leads you at mystical and awesome Boudhanath, one of the holiest Buddhist sites in Nepal with four pairs of eyes, representing the all-seeing eyes of Lord Buddha, observe people from all religions going around the stupa and spinning the prayer wheels. After an interesting tour back to the hotel for refreshment and trip preparations for Tamang Heritage Trail trekking around Langtang Himal area.
Drive to Syabrubesi 1,550 m / 5,085 ft (145 km) -07 hrs journeys.
An early morning overland journey to Syabrubesi, the drive leads on winding uphill and downhill road, past many town and farm villages on route Trisuli Bazaar, around sub-tropical zone and then drive climbs uphill reaching cooler areas on leaving rice paddy fields and terraces behind for maize and millet terraced, the weather changes with the culture and as well change of people, on reaching Dhunche at 1,965 m high, major town of Langtang area and headquarter of Rasuwa district. Where Langtang National Park starts, from here, our journey continues further downhill for few hours to Syabrubesi village for overnight stop.
Trek to Gatlang 2,238 m - 05 hrs.
First-day treks from Syabrubesi village leads to Gatlang at 2,238 m high on route Goljung, on walks exploring Tamang culture with views Ganesh Himal, Langtang Lirung and other adjoining peaks. As the trek progress leads past several farm villages of Tamang area and then with slow climb reaching a large Tamang village at Gatlang for overnight stop, on arrival warm welcome greeted with Khada (religious silk scarf) and transfers you to local homes for overnight stay, with time to visit around the villages and interact with the locals. Gatlang, situated on high hillside within terraced farm fields marked with traditional stone houses. One can visit a Tamang monastery and beautiful Parvatikunda Lake at Gatlang. The cultural show at Goljung and Gatlang makes your trekking an unforgettable experience.
Trek to Tatopani 2,607 m - 05 hrs.
Today’s walk begins with a descent to Thangbuchet, on the way enjoy views of Langtang Mountain range and Ganesh Himal with Tibet Mountains towards north, walk leads past small farm villages and into alpine woodlands to reach at Tatopani for overnight stop. Afternoon visit hot springs ‘Tatopani’ means hot water rising from the fresh spring with time for short walk around villages. Tatopani signifies ‘hot water’; it is believed that a dip into the spring heals you from pain and aches and relaxes your tired muscles, afternoon with time to experience Tamang culture exploring the village and interacting with the locals.
Trek to Thuman 2,338 m - 05 hrs.
Morning walk from Tatopani leads to Thuman via Nagthali and Bimthang as the trail leads into dense alpine forest, chances of spotting monkeys and deer. On reaching Nagthali with clear views of Langtang Himal, Kerung, Ganesh Himal. Nagthali used to be a popular meditation center of local monks and priests. From here another hour walks to reach at cultural village of Thuman, where you can observe Shamanic performances with view of Langtang Himal.
Trek to Briddim 2,229 m -05 hrs.
From Thuman trek leads to Briddim village on route visit nearby historical Rasuwagadi the border of Nepal / Tibet, China with an old fort. The fort here is a historical reminder of the Nepal Tibetan relations that have existed for many centuries. Walk today leads you with an opportunity to observe Tamang culture and traditional village life. After an interesting time with views of Ganesh and Langtang Himal, a nice and pleasant walk on winding path with a climb to a ridge overlooking more views of mountains and surrounding landscapes and entering rhododendron, pines and oaks forest, and then climb with short downhill to reach at Briddim for an overnight stop. Briddim, another Tibetan Buddhist village located on old trade route of Nepal and Tibet here with wonderful time enjoying folk and cultural show performed by a local community.
Trek to Lama Hotel 2,480 m - 06 hrs.
Trek from Briddim is pleasant with few short up and down for a while but the rest of the walk is gradual on the winding trail through the terraced farm fields and villages, as the trail descends and joins the path coming from upper Thulo Syabru and Syabrubesi near Riverside Lodge, as the walk leads into cool forest within a river gorge of Trisuli River in the middle of rhododendron and oaks forest after five or six hours walks reaching a small clearing at Lama-Hotel for overnight stop.
Trek to Langtang village 3, 307m - 05 hrs.
From here few hours of morning walks leads to Ghoretabela for lunch stop amidst lovely forest of pines, hemlocks and rhododendron from here onwards you can feel the altitude also. After a pleasant break here, trek continues on the trail to Langtang and its beautiful valley, the walk for an hour is pleasant in the cool shade of alpine woodland, after a small stream leaving the tree line behind the path leads uphill for an hour, then walk gets better on gradual trail with few ups and down to Langtang village for overnight stop.
Trek to Kyanjin Gompa 3,749 m - 04 hours.
From Langtang village walk on nice path and then on the uphill trail for few hours following “mani-prayer wall” where walking clockwise direction a positive way in respect to the Buddhist religion, walk leads further east as the valley opens up with views of snow capped peaks. After few hours of gentle walk with views brings you at Kyanjin Gompa a charming and scenic spot with beautiful views of Langtang Lirung of above 7,000m and its icefall at close distance Kyanjin Gompa, surrounded by a ridge formed by glacial moraine of rocks and boulders.
Trek to Lama Hotel 2, 350 m - 06 hrs.
After a wonderful time at Kyanjin, retrace the journey back on same route to Lama-Hotel a small settlement in the midst of the forest at the bank of upper Trisuli River.
Trek to Syabrubesi - 06 hours walk.
Our last day trek of this fabulous journey leads back at Syabrubesi as the morning walk follows the same trail with much downhill passing spread-out farm villages and terrace fields and eventually reaching at Bhote Kosi River which later joins with Trisuli River, after crossing a suspension bridge a pleasant walk brings you at Syabrubesi for last and final overnights around Langtang Himal area and Rasuwa district.
Drive back to Kathmandu -07 hrs and transfer to hotel.
Morning an exciting and scenic drive back to Kathmandu with fond memories of fabulous and exciting Tamang Heritage Trail trekking with visit of Langtang Valley, an interesting six-hour drive brings you back at Kathmandu with afternoon free at leisure for shopping souvenirs, evening farewell dinner in nice Nepalese restaurants with Folk culture programs as entertainment.
International departure for homeward bound.
Your last day in amazing Nepal country of Himalayan wonders, as per your flight time transfer for your international flight with fond memory and excellent time on Tamang Heritage Trail around Langtang area with great service of Remarkable Adventure.
Cost Information1. What's Includes
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private tourist vehicle.
- Standard twin sharing accommodation in a three-star hotel in Kathmandu; Breakfast included.
- Guided city tour in Kathmandu by private tourist vehicle.
- All your standard Meals (Breakfasts, Lunches, and Dinners) during the trek.
- Lodges, Guesthouses accommodation during the trek.
- Remarkable Adventure Treks’ local licensed holder English speaking guide.
- The required number of local staff and porters to carry your luggage during the trek.
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all staffs.
- Langtang Conservation Area Entry permit and TIMS permit for trekking.
- Down Jacket and sleeping bag by Remarkable Adventure Trek (which need to be returned after the trek).
- Surface transfer from and to Kathmandu.
- Free Remarkable Adventure Trek duffel/kit bag (yours to keep).
- Sightseeing/Monument entrance fees in Kathmandu on the second day.
- Farewell dinner in typical Nepali Restaurant with cultural show.
- All our government taxes, vat, tourist service charges and official expenses.
- Lunch and dinner whilst in Kathmandu.
- Travel insurance which covers emergency Rescue and Evacuation.
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- Nepal entry visa; you can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. (Tourist Visa with Multiple Entries for 30 days can be obtained by paying the US $ 40 or equivalent foreign currency. Similarly, Tourist Visa with Multiple Entries for 90 days can be obtained by paying the US $ 100. Please bring 2 copies of passport size photos).
- Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks.
- Items of a personal nature (personal trekking gear, beverages,internet, laundry, bottled water, etc).
- Tips for trekking staffs.
- Extra night accommodation (early arrival, late departures due to weathers, and any others reasons).
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section.
Date & Availability
Frequenty Asked Question's
Trip Equipment & Packaging List
For your trip preparations Remarkable Adventure Trek provides you with related information and advice required for your adventure holiday trip in and around Nepal Himalaya and beyond, providing you with following equipment list for the trekking. If it’s too much to carry from your home country some of the necessary equipment can be hired or bought in Kathmandu around at Thamel or in Pokhara as well. Most of the equipment is general and standard lists for all seasons while on the trek but may differ as per the season and duration of trekking and areas of your chosen trip.
- Sun hat or scarf.
- Light balaclava or warm fleece headgear.
- Sun Glasses and snow goggles with UV protection.
For Lower Body:
- Under Garments.
- Hiking shorts.
- Lightweight cotton long pants.
- Light and expedition weight thermal bottoms.
- Fleece or wool pants (seasonal).
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell pants.
- Thin, lightweight inner socks.
- Thick, warm wool hiking socks.
- Hiking boots with spare laces.
- Camp shoes (sneakers and/or sandals).
- Gaiters for hiking in winter to the base camp.
For Upper Body:
- Light and expedition weight thermal tops.
- Fleece jacket or pullover.
- Fleece Wind-Stopper jacket (optional).
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell jacket.
- Down vest and/or jacket.
- Lightweight gloves.
- Heavyweight gloves or mittens with a waterproof shell outer (seasonal).
- Sleeping bag rated to zero DC (4 seasons down sleeping bags).
- Headlamp (e.g. Petzl Zoom) with spare bulbs and batteries.
- Trekking Bags/Duffel bag.
- Basic First Aid Kit.
- Large plastic bags – for keeping items dry inside your kit/duffel bag.
- Daypack (approximately 2500 to 3000 cubic inches / 10-15 liters / kgs capacity).
- Trekking Poles (optional).
- Water bottle (2) or cameo bag.
- Toiletries (Small wash towel, Toilet papers etc).
- Ear Plug (who know some people on a group are snoring) as optional.
- 1 medium sized quick-drying towel.
- Toothbrush/paste (preferably biodegradable).
- Multipurpose soaps (preferably biodegradable).
- Nail clippers.
- Face and body moisturizer.
- Feminine hygiene products.
- Small mirror.
On Personal Hygiene:
- Wet wipes (baby wipes).
- Tissue /toilet roll.
- Anti-bacterial hands wash.
Extra Luxuries as optional:
- Reading book.
- Trail Map/Guidebook.
- Journal & Pen.
- Pen and small notebooks.
- Travel game i.e. chess, backgammon, and scrabble.
Remarkable Adventure Trek operates and runs all high altitude treks and climbs with the support of our expert and veteran guides who has been in these profession for more than two decades, all our guide have undergone with much training and attending workshop on related fields every year like Medical Course with enough knowledge of AMS (Acute Mountain Sickness) and proper use of Gamma Bag or Portable Altitude Chamber (PAC) pressure bags when required on emergency purpose on high AMS symptoms and to work on minor medical problem treatments.
Causes of Altitude Mountain Sickness:
- Altitude mountain sickness is caused by reduced of air pressure with lower oxygen levels at high altitude.
- The faster you climb to a high elevation, more likely you will get altitude or acute mountain sickness (AMS).
- Difficulty in sleeps.
- Dizziness or light-headed.
- Loss of appetite.
- Nausea or vomiting.
- Rapid pulse (heart rate).
- Shortness of breath with exertion.
- Altitude mountain sickness is easier to treat in the early stage.
- The main treatment for all forms of mountain sickness is to go down (descend) towards lower altitude as fast you can with support of our guide and staff.
- Extra oxygen should be given, if available.
- People with severe altitude mountain sickness should be admitted to a hospital or evacuated by any means of transportation the fastest is by Helicopter.
- Remarkable Adventure Trek suggests you Polyacrylamide (Diamox) because this medicine helps you to feel better if you are trekking in high altitude areas.
- It also helps you to reduce mild symptoms. This medicine works best when you take it before you start gaining much higher altitude. Beside our advice please consol with your doctor.
While climbing higher elevation:
- Drink plenty of fluids (water-plain black tea-lemon-tea or nutritional value drinks).
- Avoid alcohol
- Eat a lot of garlic’s (this is local way fighting altitude).
- You should avoid high altitudes if you have heart or lung disease.
Note: In case of emergency, you will be immediately airlifted by Helicopter to Kathmandu.
Nobody knows or cares about the safety of your group better than our trekking guides because they know how to cope with the unexpected situations that occasionally arise in the high altitudes of the Himalaya. In these situations, it is vital that trekkers are flexible and listen to the guides’ directions. The trip that you are on may be affected by weather, politics, or even wildlife. Whatever the factor may be, it is possible you may have some changes in your itinerary, as the seasoned guides of Remarkable Adventure Trek decide the safest option for you. If changes must be made to your trip, our guides will work hard to stick to your original itinerary as much as possible until the change becomes unavoidable. However, Remarkable Adventure Trek will not be responsible for an outcome, resulting from bad weather, wildlife, or political situation before, during, or post trip.
WHAT MAKES THIS TRIP DIFFERENT FROM OTHERS?
Trek Remarkable Adventure Trek works for social causes with some non-profit organizations of Nepal, concerned with environment conservation and preservation includes street children who need better education and good normal life. We help and support for the cause with some of our profits to certain organizations so that we can make street children with sound and better life when they grow up.
We believe that education and healthy children make more stable and better future of Nepal.
For donation, Sponsorship, and Volunteering, please contact to email@example.com
- Amazing views on daily walks in the shade of central Himalayan peaks.
- Exploring Tamang and Hyalmo villages of immense Buddhist culture and traditions.
- Walking into the serene woodland of tall rhododendron-pines and oaks trees.
- Panorama of Langtang-Ganesh and Jugal Himal with Annapurna and Manaslu peaks.
- Adventure around beautiful Langtang valley with the ever present awesome scenery.
What To Expect
Related Trips updating soon !!.