Everest High Passes Trek is an incredible adventure which leads you to one of the world’s highest spots at above 5,300 meters with tremendous and spectacular panorama of highest peaks of the planet earth, where Remarkable Adventure Treks with proper planning runs this Everest High Passes Trekking accompanied by our highly rated expert guides and field staff including strong porters to make your adventure with memorable and enjoyable time with us. Everest High Passes Trekking where fitness has to be strong and healthy with positive sense and the right attitude, as this trek involves much high altitude away from mainstream trekking trails for some days, where your determination and co-ordination counts to achieve this adventurous trekking a huge success. An adventure of a lifetime experience with superb views of world highest peaks on daily walks, besides mountain views and dramatic landscapes you will be walking through traditional Sherpa farm villages of the immense culture of strong Tibetan influence interwoven with Buddhist religion. Starting with sweeping short scenic flight on smaller aircraft with breathtaking views during half hour of airborne and then landing at unique airstrip at Lukla the gateway to Everest base camp and many other adventure, from Lukla our walk begins on gradual trail with few short ups and down past many interesting Sherpa villages and farmland following the great Dudh Kosi river and then reaching famous colorful Namche Bazaar.
After a pleasant overnight stops at Namche with acclimatization days heading towards higher elevations on leaving lovely alpine forest of Tengboche and its interesting Monastery to reach an exposed areas of barren and arid terrain at Imjatse valley where our first traverse leads over Kongma-la to reach Everest Base Camp and on top picturesque Kalapathar highest spot of the adventure at 5,545 m with spectacular views of Everest and Khumbu Ice Falls and glaciers with surrounding high peaks. Soon our walk lead over Cho-la (Cho-la) pass to reach at Scenic Gokyo valley with its emerald colored lakes and grand views of Mt. Cho-Oyu from high Gokyo Ri top, our adventure continues with a final climb over the last Renjo-La pass to reach sleepy villages of Marlung and Thame heading towards Namche Bazaar. Our marvelous Everest High Passes Trekking finally completes with a pleasant and scenic walk to Lukla for sweeping panoramic flight back to Kathmandu after concluding one of the most fascinating and mesmerizing adventures Everest High Passes Trekking.
- Day 1 Arrival in Kathmandu 1,300 m /4,264 ft and transfer to hotel.
On arrival at Kathmandu Tribhuvan International Airport, received by a representative of Remarkable Adventure Trek and then transfer you to your hotel around Thamel areas in the hub of the Kathmandu city. At the hotel, our guide and staff will provide information on dos and don’ts brief you with your programs on sightseeing and Everest High Passes Trekking.
- Day 2 In Kathmandu with a sightseeing tour and trek preparation.
After breakfast, leave the hotel for a sightseeing tour around famous historical places of Kathmandu guided by Remarkable Adventure Trek City guide. Morning visit of following places starting with Kathmandu Durbar Square a UNESCO World Heritage Site of Nepal, where most of the buildings that you see dated from 15th to 18th Century.The major Interesting things to see here are “Kumari (The Living Goddess) Gar” “Kastha Mandap” Maru Ganesh, Mahadev Temple, Shiva-Parvati Temple, Bhagwati Temple, Old Palace, Saraswati Temple, Krishna Octangular Temple, Big Drums, Kal Bhairav, Jagannath Temple, and Taleju Temple. Tour of Pashupatinath Temple, one of the main temples of the Hindu listed as world heritage site, situated on the bank of Bagmati River. Only Hindus are allowed inside the main temple premises, while others can view from the bank of Bagmati River, observe pilgrims and devotees worshipping and praying the temple dedicated to Lord Shiva. Tour of Boudhanath, one of the holiest Buddhist sites of Nepal and has four pairs of eyes. Each represents eyes of Lord Buddha. Observe people from all religions going around this stupa and spinning prayer wheels. After an enjoyable and exciting tour around historical and heritage sites return to hotel with free afternoon preparation for Everest High Passes Trekking with next early morning flight to Lukla.
- Day 3 Fly to Lukla 2,840 m / 9,317 ft trek to Phakding 2,610 m / 8,562 ft - 03 hrs.
Early morning depart from the hotel transfer towards Kathmandu domestic airport for the flight to Lukla, which is the starting point of the trek. The flight takes about 35 minutes to land at Lukla airstrip, during airborne offers breathtaking views of Himalayan peaks, then finally landing at Lukla airport known as Tenzing-Hillary Airport after the legendary climbers first to conquer on top of Mt. Everest in 1953. From Lukla starting our first-day walk heading downhill past several Sherpa farm villages with grand views of snow capped peaks and rolling hills, and finally reaching at Phakding for overnight stop by the glacial Dudh Kosi River, for energetic people can take a short hike up a nearby monastery.
- Day 4 Trek to Namche Bazaar 3,441 m / 11,190 ft - 06 hrs.
Morning walk leads to cross a suspension bridge with views of Mt. Thamserku (6,618 m) and walk through small settlements of Benkar, Chumoa, and Monjo, and then enter Sagarmatha National Park to reach at Jorsale the last village before Namche, as walk progress at the confluence of Dudh Koshi and Bhote Koshi Rivers, after a pleasant walk heading uphill with first sight of Mt. Everest, slowly walk finally ends at Namche Bazaar, which is the largest Sherpa village of Khumbu and Everest area.
- Day 5 At Namche rest day for acclimatization and optional hike.
Free day at Namche for acclimatization at this high altitude where you can adjust with the environment, being active moving up and down within periphery of Namche Bazaar, where you can take a short hike to Everest View Hotel which offers grand view of Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Amadablam, Thamserku, Kongde, etc. Namche is an important big village and a town of Everest and Khumbu region with great facilities of government offices, ATMs, internet cafes, shops, restaurants, and a colorful Saturday market.
- Day 6 Trek to Tengboche 3,860 m / 12,664 ft - 05 hrs.
After breakfast, we start our morning walk facing superb view of mountains with Everest, Nuptse, Lhotse, and Amadablam, the path leads at Kayangjuma, Sanasa, Phunki Thenga, from here into a beautiful forest with an uphill climb to Tengboche, at Tengboche with a scenic surrounding of mountains, visit of Tengboche monastery. Inside the monastery witness ornate wall hangings, a 20-foot sculpture of Sakyamuni Buddha, and the musical instruments and robes of the Lamas. This monastery opens at 3:00 p.m. if we reach there by 3 p.m. with time to visit and observe the Buddhist religious ceremony. This monastery is also famous for Mani Rimdu Festival in mid-October or mid- November; its date is fixed according to the Tibetan calendar which is colorful.
- Day 7 Trek to Dingboche 4,350m -06 hrs.
With pleasant morning catching views of Everest’s head off to Debuche to cross a bridge over Imja Khola, walk leads through Mani (prayer) stones with views of Amadablam, and then trek further to reach at Dingboche with a fantastic view of Northern Face of Amadablam. Dingboche located at scenic Imjatse wide valley with views of Lhotse-Nuptse with Island Peak also known as Imjatse peak.
- Day 8 Trek to Chhukung 4,730 m - 04 hrs.
Morning walk towards east through scenic Imjatse Valley with amazing views of Amadablam-Nuptse-Lhotse and Island peak; walk is on gradual level path for a while crossing smaller icy stream to a small place at Bibre, from here with gradual uphill walk to reach at Chhukung for overnight stops, a small settlement with few lodges where trekkers stops for the night before heading to Island Peak or towards Kongma-la. Afternoon at leisure preparation for next early long walk to Lobuche and crossing of the first high pass of the adventure, interested people can hike up to Chhukung Ri for best views of the surrounding peaks and of Imjatse valley.
- Day 9 Rest Day in Chhukung for preparation and acclimatization.
A necessary rest day at Chhukung for proper acclimatization with stunning views of Amadablam, Lhotse, Makalu, Cholatse, and Taboche and array of peaks rising at the head of Imjatse valley, Chhukung the last settlement around end of the Imjatse valley and a popular stop for trekkers on an adventure to Amphu-Labtsa or climb of Island Peak or on route Lobuche via Kongma-la pass.
- Day 10 Cross over Kongma La 5,535 m /19, 143 ft and trek to Lobuche 4,910 m / 16,108 ft -07 hrs.
Today, we will be crossing the highest pass of the trek, caring plenty of waters with some snacks and as well packed lunch as there are no tea shops on route to Lobuche on this rough high trail. Following our expert guide climbing a hill northwest of Chhukung over a moraine of Nuptse Glacier or we may walk down the valley to Bibre and follow a high trail above the Niyang Khola (river). Whichever the route are both ways leads towards high Kongma-la pass located between Mehra and Pokalde Peaks, on route catch the views of Island Peak and the icy ridge of Amphu Lapcha. Ascending along the eastern side of Niyang Khola (stream) valley, then turning west and walking into a sloppy stony trial to enter a wide basin dotted with small frozen lakes. The trek route rises over loose scree gaining height towards high Kongma La. After the top feeling tired with rest then continue walk with a final descent on the most difficult part of the walks as the path leads over moraine, then heading north through Khumbu Glacier and head off to Lobuche with the last climb on dunes to reach at a small valley with Lobuche tucked in a corner below Lobuche peaks.
Note: Depending upon snow and physical conditions, our guide/leader might provide with options for a safe and reliable way to reach at Lobuche via the normal main route, if necessary to avoid the high pass of the trek.
- Day 11 Trek to Everest Base Camp 5,365 m / 17,748 ft via Gorakshep 5,145m -06 hrs.
The trail from Lobuche to Gorakshep leads further to reach over a moraine of Khumbu Glacier, as the walk passes through glass pyramid sign post, with north ridge views of Everest, including Mt. Pumori, Mt. Mahalangur, Mt. Lingtern, Mt. Khumbutse, Mt. Nuptse and then reaching at Gorakshep, which was the original base camp of Everest in early days till 1970’s. After short rest stop walk leads further east on moraine above Khumbu glacier to reach Everest Base Camp. Here enjoy the views of notorious Khumbu Ice Falls and glaciers with adjoining high peaks, in peak climbing expedition season this spot will be flooded with camping tents of all colors. After a great time achieving the highlight and the goal of the adventure return back to Gorakshep for overnight stop this will be the highest stop at 5,145 m high.
- Day 12 Hike up to Kala Patthar 5,545 m / 18,225 ft and to Dzongla 4,830 m / 15,486 ft via Lobuche - 05 hrs.
Morning leads you to a steep climb up at Kalapathar for super views of surrounding high peaks where you can witness Everest at a close distance this will be the highest spot of the adventure at 5,545 m high. After catching the beautiful panorama of mountains descend back to Gorakshep and walk to Lobuche after a short rest continue to walk downhill to near Thugla where Dingboche and Pheriche trail joins. Just above Thugla, our route diverts towards at the foot of Chola or Chola pass at Dzongla for an overnight stop, before crossing over our second pass the adventure.
- Day 13 Cross over Cho-La 5,300 m / 17,388 ft and walk to Gokyo 4,800 m / 15, 748 ft via Thangnak - 06 hrs.
Morning walk with views of Cholatse as the walk descends to a basin, walking on to reach the top of Cho-La Pass, walk leads to a steep climb past Chola Lake overlooking Amadablam and Cholatse peaks. The climb is tough with a steep path on boulders finally reaching the top where prayer flags are hoisted with an array of peaks that surround the top, after a great moment feeling high descend to reach Thangnak, a small settlement with few small lodges and teahouses. After reaching the base at Thangnak walk continue at the foot of Ngozumpa glacier which is the largest glacier in the world and then getting closer to first and second lakes to reach the final third lake at Gokyo also known as Gokyo Lake or Dudkund Lake located at the edge of the lake lies Gokyo village with many fine lodges.
- Day 14 Rest day at Gokyo with a hike up to Gokyo Ri at 5,357m / 17,575 ft high.
If the weather is favorable then we can grab this opportunity to climb up to Gokyo Ri in the morning, Gokyo is also popular for its grand view from Gokyo Ri, including its beautiful fifth and six lakes. From the top of Gokyo Ri catch the panorama of world 4 highest mountains with world 6th high Mt. Cho-Oyu, Gyachung Kang, world Number one Mt. Everest, world’s 4th highest Mt. Lhotse, Nuptse, and world’s 5th highest Mt. Makalu towards the east with arrays of smaller peaks. Other options on rest day beside Gokyo Ri is a hike up to Gokyo 5th lake near Cho-Oyu base camp which takes nearly 5 hours of round trip.
- Day 15 Cross over Renjo La 5,360 m / 17, 585 ft and descend to Marlung 4,210 m / 13, 812 ft -08 hrs.
Starting early morning to traverse over last and final pass of the adventure, as the morning walk leads on gradual path near by the lake for some time, and then on leaving the main trail a steep climb leads you on the trail to the top of Renjo La Pass, our last pass of where stunning and dazzling vista awaits you with views of Everest, Lhotse, Cholatse, and Taboche. From the top of Renjo-la and after achieving our great success covering all three high passes of Khumbu and Everest feeling high in great spirit a long descent leads you on scree and rocks path with small icy lakes, along with Relama Tsho and Renjo Lakes and then heading downhill towards Lungdhen through a narrow valley clogged with giant boulders to reach at Marlung village for overnight stop. Marlung a small Sherpa village on route to Tibet border via high Nangpa-la pass between Cho-Oyu and Melung Tse peaks.
- Day 16 Trek to Namche Bazaar 3,441m / 11,289 ft -07 hrs.
After breakfast, head off from Marling towards Mende or near Thame village on the quiet trail for sometimes and then reaching on the main trails of Thame and Namche Bazaar near Thame village with a hydropower for Khumbu village, from here back into woodland of tall pines-fir-oaks and rhododendron trees and on the good main trail to Namche Bazaar. At Namche enjoy the comfort of a nice lodge and fresh bakeries around its nicely paved streets with well-stocked stores and shops.
- Day 17 Trek to Lukla 2,840 m / 9,317 ft - 06 hrs.
Morning after breakfast along descend to Dudh Kosi River and then walk into Sagarmatha National Park exit point to reach Monjo village and then over a long bridge to Phakding, a gradual winding trail leads past Ghat to Choplung village with last and final climb of 40 minutes to reach at Lukla for last overnight stop around Khumbu and Everest region. The evening celebrates dinner party with crews and members after concluding a memorable and remarkable adventure on Everest High Passes Trekking.
- Day 18 Fly to Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
Early morning depart from Lukla for Kathmandu, a short and scenic sweeping flight brings you at Kathmandu airport and then transfer to your hotel with a free afternoon for individual activities and souvenirs shopping.
- Day 19 In Kathmandu free day with an optional sightseeing tour.
Remarkable Adventure Trek reserves this day as contingency day in case of flight delay from Lukla to Kathmandu, which might occur sometimes, as Himalayan weather pattern can be unpredictable with unfavorable heavy cloudy days, if all goes well as per the itinerary you can enjoy as free day for individual activities and shopping souvenirs or book for another interesting sight-seeing tour around Kathmandu-Patan and Bhaktapur.
- Day 20 International departure for homeward bound.
Your last day in amazing Nepal country of Himalayan wonders, as per your flight time transfer for your international flight with a fond memory and excellent time on Everest High Passes Trekking with great service of Remarkable Adventure.
Cost Information1. What's Includes
- Airport/Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private tourist vehicle.
- Standard twin sharing accommodation in a three-star hotel in Kathmandu; Breakfast included.
- Guided city tour in Kathmandu by private tourist vehicle.
- All your standard Meals (Breakfasts, Lunches, and Dinners) during the trek.
- Lodges, Guesthouses accommodation during the trek.
- Remarkable Adventure Treks’ local licensed holder English speaking guide.
- The required number of local staff and porters to carry your luggage during the trek.
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all staffs.
- Everest National Park permits and TIMS permit for trekking.
- Down Jacket and sleeping bag by Remarkable Adventure Trek (which need to be returned after the trek).
- Airfare from Kathmandu – Lukla – Kathmandu including airport departure tax in Kathmandu and Lukla airport.
- Surface transfer from and to Kathmandu.
- Free Remarkable Adventure Trek duffel/kit bag (yours to keep).
- Sightseeing/Monument entrance fees in Kathmandu on the second day.
- Farewell dinner in typical Nepali Restaurant with cultural show.
- All our government taxes, vat, tourist service charges and official expenses.
- Lunch and dinner whilst in Kathmandu.
- Travel insurance which covers emergency Rescue and Evacuation.
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- Nepal entry visa; you can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. (Tourist Visa with Multiple Entries for 30 days can be obtained by paying the US $ 40 or equivalent foreign currency. Similarly, Tourist Visa with Multiple Entries for 90 days can be obtained by paying the US $ 100. Please bring 2 copies of passport size photos).
- Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks.
- Items of a personal nature (personal trekking gear, beverages, internet, laundry, bottled water, etc).
- Tips for trekking staffs.
- Extra night accommodation (early arrival, late departures due to weathers, and any others reasons).
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section.
Date & Availability
Frequenty Asked Question's
Trip Equipment & Packaging List
For your trip preparations Remarkable Adventure Trek provides you with related information and advice required for your adventure holiday trip in and around Nepal Himalaya and beyond, providing you with following equipment list for the trekking. If it’s too much to carry from your home country some of the necessary equipment can be hired or bought in Kathmandu around Thamel or in Pokhara as well. Most of the equipment is general and standard lists for all seasons while on the trek but may differ as per the season and duration of trekking and areas of your chosen trip.
- Sun hat or scarf
- Light balaclava or warm fleece headgear.
- Sun Glasses and snow goggles with UV protection.
For Lower Body:
- Under Garments.
- Hiking shorts.
- Lightweight cotton long pants.
- Light and expedition weight thermal bottoms.
- Fleece or wool pants (seasonal).
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell pants.
- Thin, lightweight inner socks.
- Thick, warm wool hiking socks.
- Hiking boots with spare laces.
- Camp shoes (sneakers and/or sandals).
- Gaiters for hiking in winter to the base camp.
For Upper Body:
- Light and expedition weight thermal tops.
- Fleece jacket or pullover.
- Fleece Wind-Stopper jacket (optional).
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell jacket.
- Down vest and/or jacket.
- Lightweight gloves.
- Heavyweight gloves or mittens with a waterproof shell outer (seasonal).
- Sleeping bag rated to zero DC (4 seasons down sleeping bags).
- Headlamp (e.g. Petzl Zoom) with spare bulbs and batteries.
- Trekking Bags/Duffel bag
- Basic First Aid Kit.
- Large plastic bags – for keeping items dry inside your kit/duffel bag.
- Daypack (approximately 2500 to 3000 cubic inches / 10-15 liters / kgs capacity).
- Trekking Poles (optional).
- Water bottle (2) or cameo bag.
- Toiletries (Small wash towel, Toilet papers etc).
- Ear Plug (who know some people on the group are snoring) as optional.
- 1 medium sized quick-drying towel.
- Toothbrush/paste (preferably biodegradable).
- Multipurpose soaps (preferably biodegradable).
- Nail clippers.
- Face and body moisturizer.
- Feminine hygiene products.
- Small mirror.
On Personal Hygiene:
- Wet wipes (baby wipes).
- Tissue /toilet roll.
- Anti-bacterial hands wash.
Extra Luxuries as optional:
- Reading book.
- Trail Map/Guidebook.
- Journal & Pen.
- Pen and small notebooks.
- Travel game i.e. chess, backgammon, and scrabble.
Remarkable Adventure Trek operates and runs all high altitude treks and climbs with the support of our expert and veteran guides who has been in these profession for more than two decades, all our guide have undergone with much training and attending workshop on related fields every year like Medical Course with enough knowledge of AMS (Acute Mountain Sickness) and proper use of Gamma Bag or Portable Altitude Chamber (PAC) pressure bags when required on emergency purpose on high AMS symptoms and to work on minor medical problem treatments.
Causes of Altitude Mountain Sickness:
- Altitude mountain sickness is caused by reduced of air pressure with lower oxygen levels at high altitude.
- The faster you climb to a high elevation, more likely you will get altitude or acute mountain sickness (AMS).
- Difficulty in sleeps.
- Dizziness or light-headed
- Loss of appetite
- Nausea or vomiting
- Rapid pulse (heart rate)
- Shortness of breath with exertion
- Altitude mountain sickness is easier to treat in the early stage.
- The main treatment for all forms of mountain sickness is to go down (descend) towards lower altitude as fast you can with support of our guide and staff.
- Extra oxygen should be given, if available.
- People with severe altitude mountain sickness should be admitted to a hospital or evacuated by any means of transportation the fastest is by Helicopter.
- Remarkable Adventure Trek suggests you Acetazolamide (Diamox) because this medicine helps you to feel better if you are trekking in high altitude areas.
- It also helps you to reduce mild symptoms. This medicine works best when you take it before you start gaining much higher altitude. Beside our advice please consol with your doctor.
While climbing higher elevation:
- Drink plenty of fluids (water-plain black tea-lemon-tea or nutritional value drinks)
- Avoid alcohol
- Eat a lot of garlic’s (this is local way fighting altitude)
- You should avoid high altitudes if you have heart or lung disease.
Note: In case of emergency, you will be immediately airlifted by Helicopter to Kathmandu and transfer you to nearest and best hospitals.
Flight Delay in Kathmandu and Lukla:
The best and shortest way to reach Everest area is by air to Lukla. This 30 minutes fight offers breathtaking views of the Himalayan peaks. Sometimes, due to bad weather in the mountains, these small aircraft cannot land or take off. In such situation, we will attempt taking a flight the next day depending upon availability and weather condition. If a second flight is not available, Remarkable Adventure Trek will arrange a chartered helicopter which has better visibility in inclement weather. The cost of charter helicopter range from US$500 to US$3,400 depending on the number of interested and willing passengers, clients are fully responsible for this extra fare which will be paid to Remarkable Adventure Trek head office as soon you land in Kathmandu.
You will be given a receipt to use and to submit to your travel insurance company back home to claim for some refund.
What Makes This Trip Different?
Remarkable Adventure Trek works for social causes with some non-profit organization of Nepal, concerned with environment conservation and preservation includes street children who need better education and good normal life. We help and support for the cause with some of our profits to a certain organization so that we can make street children with sound and better life when they grow up.
We believe that education and healthy children make more stable and better future of Nepal.
For donation, Sponsorship, and Volunteering, please contact to email@example.com
- Amazing views on crossing over high passes of Kongma-La, Cho-la and Renjo-La.
- Marvelous and spectacular scenery on daily walks within the shade of world highest peaks
- Exploring traditional Sherpa farm villages of immense Buddhist culture and interesting monasteries.
- Walking into alpine woodland of tall rhododendron-pines and oaks trees to barren and arid ice-fields
- Adventure in the heart of Mt. Everest at base camp with scenic Kalapathar and Gokyo-Ri viewpoints.
- Breathtaking and overwhelming adventure of a lifetime experience on the roof of the world.
What To Expect
- Accommodation Type
- Travel Strategy
Related Trips updating soon !!.