Gokyo Valley Trek with Remarkable Adventure Trek leads you to picturesque areas beneath the towering world sixth highest peaks of Mt. Cho-Oyu with an array of peaks in the shade of Mt. Everest and Sherpa traditional culture of the Buddhist religion. Gokyo Valley Trekking offers panorama of Mt. Everest (8,848m / 29, 028ft) Lhotse (8,516 m-24,940 ft), Nuptse (7,855m-25,772 ft) Mt. Cho-Oyu (8,201 m / 26,906 ft), Amadablam ( 6,812 m / 22,480 ft) Kangtenga (6,782 m / 22, 380 ft) Tharmarserku ( 6,623 m / 21, 855 ft) Kwangde (6,011 m / 19,837 ft) Kusum Kanguru (6,373 m / 21,030 ft) holy peak of Khumbi-la (5,761 m / 19,012 ft) and as far towards world’s 5th highest Mt. Makalu (8,463 m / 27, 766 ft).
Truly an adventure of a lifetime experience where our lovely walks lead you at scenic and picturesque Gokyo Valley and its emerald color Lakes in the midst of world’s highest mountains, where our fabulous adventure leads to a climb on top Gokyo Ri at 5,357 m the highest spot of the adventure offering spectacular views of high snow capped peaks. Gokyo Valley Trekking starts with sweeping scenic flight to land at Lukla town the door to many Everest trekking and other adventure, walk leads to follow Dudh Kosi a glacier fed river crossing over many exciting bridges into Sherpa farm villages of Phakding-Banker-Monjo and Jorsalle and then climbing high to reach at famous Namche Bazaar the capital of Khumbu areas where exciting and colorful bazaar is held every Saturday.
From Namche with acclimatization days and short hikes walk continues on the quiet trail to Gokyo through patch of woodland of tall rhododendron-pines-birch-firs and oak tree lines with ever present views of high snow capped peaks in the shade of Mt. Everest and Sherpa cultural villages of Tibetan Buddhist origin. After a great time at gokyo valley trek, our walk leads to a traditional Khumjung the largest Sherpa village around Khumbu with an old monastery which treasures a Yeti scalp. After a wonderful time heading back at Lukla for short scenic flight to Kathmandu, after a memorable and enjoyable time around Gokyo Valley Trekking with great wonderful services of Remarkable Adventure Treks and its friendly guides and porters.
The major attractions of Gokyo valley trek are Gokyo lakes, Gokyo Ri (5,340 m), Sherpa communities, monasteries, endangered wildlife, wildflowers, spectacular mountains, and adventurous journey. The views from Gokyo Ri is worth lamenting on; you will get an opportunity to have 360 degree panoramic views of four mountains with over 8000 m altitude—the Everest, Makalu, Lhotse, and Cho Oyu. Gokyo valley is located at the base of Gokyo Ri, with views of stone houses. Gokyo is one of the settlements located in high altitude in the world. There are about six main fresh water oligotrophic lakes in Gokyo region: the Thonak Lake, Gyazumpa Lake, Tanjung Lake, Ngojumba Lake, etc. These lakes hold religious and spiritual importance for Hindus and Buddhists; lots of Hindus arrive here to take a bath during Janai Purnima.
- Day 1 Arrival in Kathmandu 1,300 m and transfer to hotel.
On arrival at Kathmandu Tribhuvan International Airport, received by a representative of Remarkable Adventure Trek and then transfer you to your hotel around Thamel areas in the hub of the Kathmandu city. At the hotel, our guide and staff will provide information on dos and don’ts brief you with your programs on sightseeing and trekking.
- Day 2 In Kathmandu with a sightseeing tour and trek preparation.
After breakfast, leave the hotel for a sightseeing tour around famous historical places of Kathmandu Guided by Remarkable Adventure Trek City guide. Morning visit of following places starting with Kathmandu Durbar Square a UNESCO World Heritage Site of Nepal, where most of the buildings that you see dated from 15th to 18th Century.The major Interesting things to see here are “Kumari (The Living Goddess) Gar” “Kastha Mandap” Maru Ganesh, Mahadev Temple, Shiva-Parvati Temple, Bhagwati Temple, Old Palace, Saraswati Temple, Krishna Octangular Temple, Big Drums, Kal Bhairav, Jagannath Temple, and Taleju Temple. Tour of Pashupatinath Temple, one of the main temples of the Hindu listed as world heritage site, situated on the bank of Bagmati River. Only Hindus are allowed inside the main temple premises, while others can view from the bank of Bagmati River, observe pilgrims and devotees worshipping and praying the temple dedicated to Lord Shiva. Tour of Boudhanath, one of the holiest Buddhist sites in Nepal and has four pairs of eyes. Each represents eyes of Lord Buddha. Observe people from all religions going around this stupa and spinning prayer wheels. After an enjoyable and interesting tour head back to the hotel with rest of the afternoon free and preparation for early morning flight to Lukla and Gokyo Valley Trekking.
- Day 3 Fly to Lukla 2,840 m and trek to Phakding 2,610 m - 03 hrs.
Early morning depart from the hotel transfer towards Kathmandu domestic airport for the flight to Lukla, which is the starting point of the trek. This flight of 35 minutes, offers breathtaking views of Himalayan peaks, then finally landing at Lukla airport known as Tenzing-Hillary Airport. From Lukla starting our first-day walk heading downhill past several Sherpa farm villages with grand views of snow capped peaks and rolling hills, and finally reaching at Phakding for overnight stop by the glacial Dudh Kosi River, for energetic people can take a short hike up a nearby monastery.
- Day 4 Trek to Namche Bazaar 3,441 m / 11,190 ft -05 hrs.
Morning walk leads to cross a suspension bridge with views of Mt. Thamserku (6,618 m) and walk through small settlements of Benkar, Chumoa, and Monjo, and then enter Sagarmatha National Park to reach at Jorsale the last village before Namche, as walk progress at the confluence of Dudh Koshi and Bhote Koshi Rivers, after a pleasant walk heading uphill with first sight of Mt. Everest, slowly walk finally ends at Namche Bazaar, which is the largest Sherpa village of Khumbu and Everest area.
- Day 5 At Namche rest day for acclimatization and optional hike.
Free day at Namche for acclimatization at this high altitude where you can adjust with the environment, being active moving up and down within periphery of Namche Bazaar, where you can take ashort hike to Everest View Hotel which offers view of Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Amadablam, Thamserku, Kongde, etc. Namche is an important big village and a town of Everest and Khumbu region with great facilities of government offices, ATMs, internet cafes, shops, restaurants, and a colorful Saturday market.
- Day 6 Trek to Dole 4,200 m -6 hrs.
After a nice and pleasant rest at Namche Bazaar with eye catching views, morning walk leads uphill for short while and then on gradual winding path to near Shanasa village. From this spot our route diverts away from the main Namche-Everest base camp trail moving along a quiet trails uphill towards Gokyo valley and the Lakes. The path climbs with steep up to reach at Mong 3,973 meters with amazing views and then downhill walk to Dudh Kosi River at Phortse Thanghka for lunch. After Phortse, continue walk to Dole as the trail climbs steeply out of the valley through a patch of rhododendron forest which gives way to juniper and conifers trees. In the spring time this place will be magic with wild flowers in full bloom. This path passes summer Yak pastures. The trek leads past Tongba and Gyele villages to reach at Dole with super view of Khumbila and Tawache 6,542m. At Dole for overnight stop in a nice cozy lodge after a scenic walks of 5-6 hours.
- Day 7 Trek to Machherma 4,470 m – 04 hrs.
Morning walk from Dole leads to a climb along the side of the valley, where rhododendron forest stops for smaller bushes of juniper as the walk gains altitude slowly. Finally the path leads on level path for an hour to Lhabarma Kharka and at Luza of 4,390 m; and then skirting around a ridge with downhill to Machherma village. Arriving at Machherma for lunch and overnight stop with time in the afternoon for short walk or just relax.
- Day 8 Trek to Gokyo 4,790 m - 04 hrs.
From this small settlement of few houses and lodges, our journey continue heading at Gokyo 3rd Lake, following a scenic path to Pangka, a small area and then descend slightly, following one of the glacial fed rivers which flows from Ngozumba Glacier of high world 6th highest Cho-Oyu and other adjoining peaks. Walk leads to a climb by the side of a glacier, passing first lake and the second lake, crossing the path to reach at third lake known as Dudh Pokhari or Gokyo Lake a summer settlement with fantastic views of Mt. Cho Oyo and Gyachung Kang that reflects on emerald green waters of Gokyo Lake.
- Day 9 At Gokyo rest day with hike to Gokyo-Ri 5,357 m.
Morning hike up to Gokyo Ri for awesome panorama which is one of the highlight of the adventure, a small peak above the lake, Gokyo Ri at 5,357m offers amazing views of Mt. Cho Oyo, Gyachung Kang, Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Cholatse, Taweche and far as to Mt. Makalu towards east. After a wonderful moment at Gokyo Ri, descend to Gokyo for lunch and rest, afternoon free for short walk around this beautiful setting of glacial lakes and mountains with Ngozumba glacier.
- Day 10 Trek to Dole - 06 hrs.
Walk leads back on the same trail enjoying the views but with a difference as you will be losing altitude this time on the way back into woodlands at Dole for overnight stop.
- Day 11 Trek to Namche Bazaar via Khumjung 3,790 m - 06 hours.
Morning walk leads first on the same route for few hours with downhill by the Dudh Kosi River at Phortse-Tenga and the with an hour climb to Mong a small settlement with few houses serving as lodges commanding grand views of Amadablam and other high peaks, from here descend to Khumjung village located on a glacial valley beneath Mt. Khumbila, the patron god of Khumbu area. Here visit the old Khumjung monastery the place (believed) with Yeti scalp visit the Khumjung High School built by Hillary Trust and Foundation, after few hours of tour of Khumjung descend towards Namche Bazaar for overnight stop
- Day 12 Trek to Lukla 2,840 m - 06 hrs.
Morning after breakfast a long descend to Dudh Kosi River and then walk into Sagarmatha National Park exit point to reach Monjo village and then over a long bridge to Phakding, a gradual winding trail leads past Ghat to Choplung village with last and final climb of 40 minutes to reach at Lukla for last overnight stop around Khumbu and Everest region. Evening celebrates dinner party with crews and members after concluding a memorable and remarkable adventure Everest Base Camp Trekking.
- Day 13 Fly to Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
Early morning depart from Lukla for Kathmandu, a short and scenic sweeping flight brings you at Kathmandu airport and then transfer to your hotel with a free afternoon for individual activities and souvenirs shopping.
- Day 14 In Kathmandu free day with optional sightseeing tour.
Remarkable Adventure Trek reserves this day as contingency day in case of flight delay from Lukla to Kathmandu, which might occur sometimes, as Himalayan weather pattern can be unpredictable with unfavorable heavy cloudy days, if all goes well as per the itinerary you can enjoy as free day for individual activities and shopping souvenirs or book for another interesting sight-seeing tour around Kathmandu-Patan and Bhaktapur.
- Day 15 International departure for homeward bound.
Your last day in amazing Nepal country of Himalayan wonders, as per your flight time transfer for your international flight with a fond memory and excellent time on Gokyo Valley Trekking with great service of Remarkable Adventure.
Cost Information1. What's Includes
- Airport/Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private tourist vehicle.
- Standard twin sharing accommodation in a three-star hotel in Kathmandu; Breakfast included.
- Guided city tour in Kathmandu by private tourist vehicle.
- All your standard Meals (Breakfasts, Lunches, and Dinners) during the trek.
- Lodges, Guesthouses accommodation during the trek.
- Remarkable Adventure Treks’ local licensed holder English speaking guide.
- The required number of local staff and porters to carry your luggage during the trek.
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all staffs.
- Everest National Park permits and TIMS permit for trekking.
- Down Jacket and sleeping bag by Remarkable Adventure Trek (which need to be returned after the trek).
- Airfare from Kathmandu – Lukla – Kathmandu including airport departure tax in Kathmandu and Lukla airport.
- Surface transfer from and to Kathmandu.
- Free Remarkable Adventure Trek duffel/kit bag (yours to keep).
- Sightseeing/Monument entrance fees in Kathmandu on the second day.
- Farewell dinner in typical Nepali Restaurant with cultural show.
- All our government taxes, vat, tourist service charges and official expenses.
- Lunch and dinner whilst in Kathmandu.
- Travel insurance which covers emergency Rescue and Evacuation.
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- Nepal entry visa; you can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. (Tourist Visa with Multiple Entries for 30 days can be obtained by paying the US $ 40 or equivalent foreign currency. Similarly, Tourist Visa with Multiple Entries for 90 days can be obtained by paying the US $ 100. Please bring 2 copies of passport size photos).
- Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks.
- Items of a personal nature (personal trekking gear, beverages, internet, laundry, bottled water, etc).
- Tips for trekking staffs.
- Extra night accommodation (early arrival, late departures due to weathers, and any others reasons).
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section.
Date & Availability
Frequenty Asked Question's
Trip Equipment & Packaging List
For your trip preparations Remarkable Adventure Trek provides you with related information and advice required for your adventure holiday trip in and around Nepal Himalaya and beyond, providing you with following equipment list for the trekking. If it’s too much to carry from your home country some of the necessary equipment can be hired or bought in Kathmandu around Thamel or at Pokhara as well. Most of the equipment is general and standard lists for all seasons while on the trek but may differ as per the season and duration of trekking and areas of your chosen trip.
- Sun hat or scarf
- Light balaclava or warm fleece headgear.
- Sun Glasses and snow goggles with UV protection.
For Lower Body:
- Under Garments.
- Hiking shorts.
- Lightweight cotton long pants.
- Light and expedition weight thermal bottoms.
- Fleece or wool pants (seasonal).
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell pants.
- Thin, lightweight inner socks.
- Thick, warm wool hiking socks.
- Hiking boots with spare laces.
- Camp shoes (sneakers and/or sandals).
- Gaiters for hiking in winter to the base camp.
For Upper Body:
- Light and expedition weight thermal tops.
- Fleece jacket or pullover.
- Fleece Wind-Stopper jacket (optional).
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell jacket.
- Down vest and/or jacket.
- Lightweight gloves.
- Heavyweight gloves or mittens with a waterproof shell outer (seasonal).
- Sleeping bag rated to zero DC (4 seasons down sleeping bags).
- Headlamp (e.g. Petzl Zoom) with spare bulbs and batteries.
- Trekking Bags/Duffel bag
- Basic First Aid Kit.
- Large plastic bags – for keeping items dry inside your kit/duffel bag.
- Daypack (approximately 2500 to 3000 cubic inches / 10-15 liters / kgs capacity).
- Trekking Poles (optional).
- Water bottle (2) or cameo bag.
- Toiletries (Small wash towel, Toilet papers etc).
- Ear Plug (who know some people on the group are snoring) as optional.
- 1 medium sized quick-drying towel.
- Toothbrush/paste (preferably biodegradable).
- Multipurpose soaps (preferably biodegradable).
- Nail clippers.
- Face and body moisturizer.
- Feminine hygiene products.
- Small mirror.
On Personal Hygiene:
- Wet wipes (baby wipes).
- Tissue /toilet roll.
- Anti-bacterial hands wash.
Extra Luxuries as optional:
- Reading book.
- Trail Map/Guidebook.
- Journal & Pen.
- Pen and small notebooks.
- Travel game i.e. chess, backgammon, and scrabble.
Remarkable Adventure Trek operates and runs all high altitude treks and climbs with the support of our expert and veteran guides who has been in these profession for more than two decades, all our guide have undergone with much training and attending workshop on related fields every year like Medical Course with enough knowledge of AMS (Acute Mountain Sickness) and proper use of Gamma Bag or Portable Altitude Chamber (PAC) pressure bags when required on emergency purpose on high AMS symptoms and to work on minor medical problem treatments.
Causes of Altitude Mountain Sickness:
- Altitude mountain sickness is caused by reduced air pressure with lower oxygen levels at high altitude.
- The faster you climb to a high elevation, more likely you will get altitude or acute mountain sickness (AMS).
- Difficulty in sleep.
- Dizziness or light-headed
- Loss of appetite
- Nausea or vomiting
- Rapid pulse (heart rate)
- Shortness of breath with exertion
- Altitude mountain sickness is easier to treat in the early stage.
- The main treatment for all forms of mountain sickness is to go down (descend) towards lower altitude as fast you can with the support of our guide and staff.
- Extra oxygen should be given, if available.
- People with severe altitude mountain sickness should be admitted to a hospital or evacuated by any means of transportation the fastest is by Helicopter.
- Remarkable Adventure Trek suggests you Acetazolamide (Diamox) because this medicine helps you to feel better if you are trekking in high altitude areas.
- It also helps you to reduce mild symptoms. This medicine works best when you take it before you start gaining much higher altitude. Besides our advice please console with your doctor.
While climbing higher elevation:
- Drink plenty of fluids (water-plain black tea-lemon-tea or nutritional value drinks)
- Avoid alcohol
- Eat a lot of garlic’s (this is local way fighting altitude)
- You should avoid high altitudes if you have heart or lung disease.
Note: In the case of emergency, you will be immediately airlifted by Helicopter to Kathmandu and transfer you to nearest and best hospitals.
Flight Delay in Kathmandu and Lukla:
The best and shortest way to reach Everest area is by air to Lukla. This 30 minutes fight offers breathtaking views of the Himalayan peaks. Sometimes, due to bad weather in the mountains, these small aircraft cannot land or take off. In such situation, we will attempt taking a flight the next day depending upon availability and weather condition. If a second flight is not available, Remarkable Adventure Trek will arrange a chartered helicopter which has better visibility in inclement weather. The cost of charter helicopter range from US$500 to US$3,400 depending on the number of interested and willing passengers, clients are fully responsible for this extra fare which will be paid to Remarkable Adventure Trek head office as soon you land in Kathmandu.
You will be given a receipt to use and to submit to your travel insurance company back home to claim for some refund.
What Makes This Trip Different?
Remarkable Adventure Trek works for social causes with some non-profit organization of Nepal, concerned with environmental conservation and preservation includes street children who need better education and good normal life. We help and support for the cause with some of our profits to a certain organization so that we can make street children with sound and better life when they grow up. We believe that education and healthy children make more stable and better future of Nepal.
For donation, Sponsorship, and Volunteering, please contact to email@example.com
- Amazing views on daily walks of high snow capped peaks in the shade of Mt. Everest.
- Exploring traditional Sherpa farm villages of immense Buddhist culture with ancient heritage.
- Walk into tall rhododendron-pines and oaks trees within Sagarmatha National Park.
- Tour of old monasteries of great interest at scenic Tengboche surrounded with mountains.
- Adventure around scenic and picturesque Gokyo Lake and high Gokyo Ri with amazing views.
What To Expect
- Accommodation Type
- Travel Strategy
Related Trips updating soon !!.