Island Peak Climb & Trekking, a grand adventure of short duration within more than two weeks of adventurous holidays, allowing you to enjoy high and beautiful Khumbu areas within the shade of Mt. Everest, where you can witness mountain views, local immense culture of Sherpa people, the High Lander of Everest and visit of Buddhist monasteries and traditional villages, and walking into enchanting woodland blanketed with tall rhododendron-magnolia-pines-birch-juniper and fir trees, and into moraine filled with ice and glaciers at Island Peak base camp around scenic Imjatse valley. Island Peak Climb & Trekking, truly a fascinating adventure with all highlights in one single package all you need is your determination, positive attitude and sound health to encounter on this marvelous adventure, where Remarkable Trek will do the rest to make your dream come into reality. Island Peak Climb grade PD + taken from French and Swiss Alpine Climbing System which is used worldwide on this type of climb, as the grade which means Per Difficult, walking on moraine and glacier with some technical difficult sections and straightforward climb to the summit top. Our adventure starts with short sweeping flight to Lukla, a Sherpa busy town with its unique airstrip, where our walk leads first towards Everest Base Camp after visiting interesting villages of Phakding-Monjo and at Namche Bazaar with much rest days for acclimatization enjoying the views of surrounding high peaks with Mt. Everest and majestic Amadablam, walk continues towards famous Tengboche Monastery surrounded within green pristine woodland and high giant peaks with Mt. Everest towards north. From Tengboche walk leads towards
Our adventure starts with short sweeping flight to Lukla, a Sherpa busy town with its unique airstrip, where our walk leads first towards Everest Base Camp after visiting interesting villages of Phakding-Monjo and at Namche Bazaar with much rest days for acclimatization enjoying the views of surrounding high peaks with Mt. Everest and majestic Amadablam, walk continues towards famous Tengboche Monastery surrounded within green pristine woodland and high giant peaks with Mt. Everest towards north. From Tengboche walk leads towards winds wept and barren territory of moraine and ice fields at picturesque at Island Peak base camp. Island Peak also known as Imjatse peak, due to its unique location in the midst of scenic Imjatse valley which towers the sky line at the height 6,160 m and 20,328 ft high, after much acclimatization and practice climb, where our expert guide leads you with full support to reach the summit top, with alluring panorama of mountains views after an experience of a life time adventure heading back to Lukla for scenic flight to Kathmandu, where this memorable and marvelous adventure Island Peak & Trekking concludes.
- Day 1 Arrival in Kathmandu 1,300 m / 4,264 ft and transfer to hotel.
On arrival at Kathmandu Tribhuvan International Airport, received by a representative of Remarkable Adventure Trek and then transfer you to your hotel around Thamel areas in the hub of the Kathmandu city. At the hotel, our guide and staff will provide information on dos and don’ts brief you with your programs on sightseeing including trek and climb of Island Peak.
- Day 2 In Kathmandu with sightseeing tour and trek preparation.
After breakfast, leave the hotel for a sightseeing tour around famous historical places of Kathmandu guided by Remarkable Adventure Trek City guide. Morning visit of following places starting with Kathmandu Durbar Square a UNESCO World Heritage Site of Nepal, where most of the buildings that you see dated from 15th to 18th Century.The major Interesting things to see here are “Kumari (The Living Goddess) Gar” “Kastha Mandap” Shiva ParvatiMaru Ganesh, MahShiva-ParvatiTemple, Bhagwati Temple, Old Palace, Saraswati Temple, Krishna Octangular Temple, Big Drums, Kal Bhairav, Jaganath Temple, and Taleju Temple. Tour of Pashupatinath Temple, one of the main temples of the Hindu listed as world heritage site, situated on the bank of Baghmati River. Only Hindus are allowed inside the main temple premises, while others can view from the bank of Baghmati River, observe pilgrims and devotees worshipping and praying the temple dedicated to Lord Shiva. Tour of Bouddhanath, one of the holiest Buddhist sites of Nepal and has four pairs of eyes. Each represents eyes of Lord Buddha. Observe people from all religions going around this stupa and spinning prayer wheels. Rest of the day free preparation for Island Peak Climb & Trekking and with an early departure from the hotel for scenic short flight to Lukla and onward.
- Day 3 Fly to Lukla 2,840 m / 9,317 ft trek to Phakding 2,610 m / 8,562 ft-03 hrs.
Early morning depart from the hotel transfer towards Kathmandu domestic airport for the flight to Lukla, which is the starting point of the trek. This flight of 35 minutes, offers breathtaking views of Himalayan peaks, then finally landing at Lukla airport known as Tenzing-Hillary Airport. From Lukla starting our first-day walk heading downhill past several Sherpa farm villages with grand views of snow capped peaks and rolling hills, and finally reaching at Phakding for overnight stop by the glacial Dudh Kosi River, for energetic people can take a short hike up a nearby monastery.
- Day 4 Trek to Namche Bazaar 3,441 m / 11,190 ft -05 hrs.
Morning walk leads to cross a suspension bridge with views of Mt. Thamserku (6,618 m) and walk through small settlements of Benkar, Chumoa, and Monjo, and then enter Sagarmatha National Park to reach at Jorsale the last village before Namche, as walk progress at the confluence of Dudh Koshi and Bhote Koshi Rivers, after a pleasant walk heading uphill with first sight of Mt. Everest, slowly walk finally ends at Namche Bazaar, which is the largestSherpa village of Khumbu and Everest area.
- Day 5 At Namche rest day for acclimatization and optional hike.
Free day at Namche for acclimatization at this high altitude where you can adjust with the environment, being active moving up and down within periphery of Namche Bazaar, where you can take a short hike to Everest View Hotel which offer view of Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Amadablam, Thamserku, Kongde, etc. Namche is an important big village and a town of Everest and Khumbu region with great facilities of government offices, ATMs, internet cafes, shops, restaurants, and a colorful Saturday market.
- Day 6 Trek to Tengboche 3,860 m / 12,664 ft - 05 hrs.
After breakfast, we start our morning walk facing superb view of mountains with Everest, Nuptse, Lhotse, and Amadablam, the path leads at Kayangjuma, Sanasa, Phunki Thenga, from here into beautiful forest with uphill climb to Tengboche, at Tengboche with scenic surrounding of mountains, visit of Tengboche monastery. Inside the monastery witness ornate wall hangings, a 20-foot sculpture of Sakyamuni Buddha, and the musical instruments and robes of the Lamas. This monastery opens at 3:00 p.m., if we reach there by 3 p.m. with time to visit and observe the Buddhist religious ceremony. This monastery is also famous for Mani Rimdu Festival in mid-October or mid- November; its date is fixed according to the Tibet
- Day 7 Trek to Dingboche 4,350m -06 hrs.
With pleasant morning catching views of Everest head off to Debuche to cross a bridge over Imja Khola, walk leads through Mani (prayer) stones with views of Amadablam, and then trek further to reach at Dingboche with fantastic view of Northern Face of
Amadablam. Dingboche located at scenic Imjatse wide valley with views of Lhotse-Nuptse with Island Peak also known as Imjatse peak.
- Day 8 Rest day at Dingboche for acclimatization and with short hike.
A necessary rest day in Dingboche for proper acclimatization with stunning views of Amadablam, Lhotse, Makalu, Cholatse, and Taboche and array of peaks rising at the head of Imjatse valley, Dingboche a popular stop for trekkers with miles of stone walls guarding the crops of barley and wheat from grazing animals and cold winds.
- Day 9 Trek to Chhukung 4,730 m / 15,518 ft - 03 hrs.
Morning with grand views of high snow capped mountain with majestic Amadablam, as our walk leads further east of Imjatse valley reaching at Bibre and towards terminal moraine with views of Island Peak soaring up with its steep rock and icy south face. Then crossing an icy stream to reach at Chhukung surrounded by glaciers and massive snowy mountains with grand scenery of stunning mountains with Island Peak, Amadablam, Makalu, and Baruntse, and a hike to the rocky knoll of Chhukung Ri. Our last day in the comfort of lodge for few days, on route walk to Island peak and climb in tents with camping facilities. Afternoon interested people can take a hike up to Chhukung Ri at above 5,546 m and 18,195 ft high with sweeping panorama of surrounding high peaks including Island or Imjatse peak.
- Day 10 Trek to Island Peak Base Camp 4,970m - 03 hrs.
After a pleasant stop at Chhukung heading to our main highlight and goal to Island Peak base camp at Parshya Gab with first two nights on camping, afternoon pre-climbing training with our climbing guide. Our climbing guide teaches about peak climbing techniques and how to use ice axe, and crampons, harness, ascender, etc.
- Day 11 Summit Island Peak 6,160 m and back to Base Camp.
Waking up early after breakfast climb towards Island Peak, reaching the summit top before noon time due to strong wind which might be an obstacle to reach the summit, climbing route constitutes of a steep hillside, sandy path, and boulders. Island Peak also has a narrow slope with a steep rock channel as well as rocky gully. There are also several short rock steps, crevasses, including a ridgeline and the snout of the summit glacier. Before reaching the summit of Island Peak, and feeling in high spirit with breath taking views of mountains that encircles you at the top at 6,189 m high. After a great feeling and adventure of a life time experience descend back to base camp safely on the same route.
- Day 12 Trek to Pangboche 3,985 m / 13,074 ft -06 hrs.
Today’s walk will be a much easier descending towards lower altitudes, following on the same route back into a wide valley of Imjatse Khola, past Orsho and Shomare villages and then a short climb to reach and visit the oldest Gompa of Khumbu at upper Pangboche, and then taking a regular route to lower Pangboche, a scenic village surrounded by Mt. Everest to its north with Amadablam, Thamserku, and Kangtaiga to the east, the Kongde range on the south with Imja Tse River flowing through the wide fertile valley.
- Day 13 Trek to Namche Bazaar 3,441m / 11289 ft -07 hrs.
From Pangboche, retrace the journey downhill to Imja Khola after crossing a bridge up through woodland to reach at Tengboche for interested people visit the nunnery around Tengboche monastery. After lunch at Tengboche continue to walk through a hillside blanketed by rhododendron and juniper trees. After crossing the bridge over the Dudh Kosi River, trail follows up into pine forests before reaching Sansa around this area might spot some wildlife such as mountain goats, musk deer or even snow leopards, colorful pheasants Danphe (Impeyan Pheasants national bird of Nepal) while passing through the forest walk slowly reaches you at Namche after walking on gradual wide path.
- Day 14 Trek to Lukla 2,840 m / 9,317 ft - 06 hrs.
Morning after breakfast a long descend to Dudh Kosi River and then walk into Sagarmatha National Park exit point to reach Monjo village and then over a long bridge to Phakding, a gradual winding trail leads past Ghat to Choplung village with last and final climb of 40 minutes to reach at Lukla for last overnight stop around Khumbu and Everest region. Evening celebrates dinner party with crews and members after concluding a memorable and remarkable adventure Everest Base Camp Trekking.
- Day 15 Fly to Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
Early morning depart from Lukla for Kathmandu, a short and scenic sweeping flight brings you at Kathmandu airport and then transfer to your hotel with free afternoon for individual activities and souvenirs shopping.
- Day 16 In Kathmandu free day with optional sightseeing tour.
Remarkable Adventure Trek reserves this day as contingency day in case of flight delay from Lukla to Kathmandu, which might occur sometimes, as Himalayan weather pattern can be unpredictable with unfavorable heavy cloudy days, if all goes well as per the itinerary you can enjoy as free day for individual activities and shopping souvenirs or book for another interesting sight-seeing tour around Kathmandu-Patan and Bhaktapur.
- Day 17 International departure for homeward bound.
Your last day in amazing Nepal country of Himalayan wonders, as per your flight time transfer for your international flight with a fond memory and excellent time on Island Peak Climb and Trekking with great service of Remarkable Adventure.
Cost Information1. What's Includes
- Airport/Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private tourist vehicle.
- Standard twin sharing accommodation in a three-star hotel in Kathmandu; Breakfast included.
- Guided city tour in Kathmandu by private tourist vehicle.
- All your standard Meals (Breakfasts, Lunches, and Dinners) during the trek.
- All meals including drinks (Tea, Coffee, Hot Chocolate etc.) for during the Camping.
- Professional Climbing Guide and Camping Equipment (Camping Tents, Climbing Ropes, Ice Crew, Ice Hammer, Snow Bar etc.).
- Snacks for during the climbing.
- Lodges, Guesthouses accommodation during the trek.
- Accommodation in a tented camp (during climbing)
- Remarkable Adventure Treks’ local licensed holder English speaking guide.
- The required number of local staff and porters to carry your luggage during the trek.
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all staffs.
- Island Peak Permit, Everest National Park permit and TIMS permit for trekking.
- Down Jacket and sleeping bag by Remarkable Adventure Trek (which need to be returned after the trek).
- Airfare from Kathmandu – Lukla – Kathmandu including airport departure tax in Kathmandu and Lukla airport.
- Surface transfer from and to Kathmandu.
- Free Remarkable Adventure Trek duffel/kit bag (yours to keep).
- Sightseeing/Monument entrance fees in Kathmandu on the second day.
- Farewell dinner in typical Nepali Restaurant with cultural show.
- All our government taxes, vat, tourist service charges and official expenses.
- Lunch and dinner whilst in Kathmandu.
- Travel insurance which covers emergency Rescue and Evacuation.
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- Nepal entry visa; you can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. (Tourist Visa with Multiple Entries for 30 days can be obtained by paying the US $ 40 or equivalent foreign currency. Similarly, Tourist Visa with Multiple Entries for 90 days can be obtained by paying the US $ 100. Please bring 2 copies of passport size photos).
- Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks.
- Items of a personal nature (personal trekking gear, beverages, the internet, laundry, bottled water, etc).
- Tips for trekking staffs.
- Extra night accommodation (early arrival, late departures due to weathers, and any others reasons).
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section.
Date & Availability
Frequenty Asked Question's
Trip Equipment & Packaging List
For your trip preparations Remarkable Adventure Trek provides you with related information and advice required for your adventure holiday trip in and around Nepal Himalaya and beyond, providing you with following equipment list for the trekking. If it’s too much to carry from your home country some of the necessary equipment can be hired or bought in Kathmandu around at Thamel or in Pokhara as well. Most of the equipment is general and standard lists for all seasons while on the trek but may differ as per the season and duration of trekking and areas of your chosen trip.
- Sun hat or scarf.
- Light balaclava or warm fleece headgear.
- Sun Glasses and snow goggles with UV protection.
For Lower Body:
- Under Garments.
- Hiking shorts.
- Lightweight cotton long pants.
- Light and expedition weight thermal bottoms.
- Fleece or wool pants (seasonal).
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell pants.
- Thin, lightweight inner socks.
- Thick, warm wool hiking socks.
- Hiking boots with spare laces.
- Camp shoes (sneakers and/or sandals).
- Gaiters for hiking in winter to the base camp.
For Upper Body:
- Light and expedition weight thermal tops.
- Fleece jacket or pullover.
- Fleece Wind-Stopper jacket (optional).
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell jacket.
- Down vest and/or jacket.
- Lightweight gloves.
- Heavyweight gloves or mittens with a waterproof shell outer (seasonal).
- Sleeping bag rated to zero DC (4 seasons down sleeping bags).
- Headlamp (e.g. Petzl Zoom) with spare bulbs and batteries.
- Trekking Bags/Duffel bag.
- Basic First Aid Kit.
- Large plastic bags – for keeping items dry inside your kit/duffel bag.
- Daypack (approximately 2500 to 3000 cubic inches / 10-15 liters / kgs capacity).
- Trekking Poles (optional).
- Water bottle (2) or cameo bag.
- Toiletries (Small wash towel, Toilet papers etc).
- Ear Plug (who know some people on a group are snoring) as optional.
- 1 medium sized quick-drying towel.
- Toothbrush/paste (preferably biodegradable).
- Multipurpose soaps (preferably biodegradable).
- Nail clippers.
- Face and body moisturizer.
- Feminine hygiene products.
- Small mirror.
On Personal Hygiene:
- Wet wipes (baby wipes).
- Tissue /toilet roll.
- Anti-bacterial hands wash.
Extra Luxuries as optional:
- Reading book.
- Trail Map/Guidebook.
- Journal & Pen.
- Pen and small notebooks.
- Travel game i.e. chess, backgammon, and scrabble.
Climbing Gears (The followings can be hired)
- 1 Pair plastic shell mountaineering boots with high altitude liners.
- 1 Pair of crampons (steel, no aluminum).
- 1 Alpine climbing harness.
- 1 Mountaineering axe with leash (sized properly for your height).
- 1 Ascender (right or left handed as appropriate).
- 1 Belay device (Black Diamond ATC or ATC Guide are good options).
- 2 D-Shaped locking carabiners.
- 2 Non-locking carabiners.
- 1 Pair expedition style gaiters (ensure fit over your boots).
- Neck gaiter.
- Ski goggles (optional).
- Climbing helmet (optional).
Remarkable Adventure Trek operates and runs all high altitude treks and climbs with the support of our expert and veteran guides who has been in these profession for more than two decades, all our guide have undergone with much training and attending workshop on related fields every year like Medical Course with enough knowledge of AMS (Acute Mountain Sickness) and proper use of Gamma Bag or Portable Altitude Chamber (PAC) pressure bags when required on emergency purpose on high AMS symptoms and to work on minor medical problem treatments.
Causes of Altitude Mountain Sickness:
- Altitude mountain sickness is caused by reduced of air pressure with lower oxygen levels at high altitude.
- The faster you climb to a high elevation, more likely you will get altitude or acute mountain sickness (AMS).
- Difficulty in sleeps.
- Dizziness or light-headed.
- Loss of appetite.
- Nausea or vomiting.
- Rapid pulse (heart rate).
- Shortness of breath with exertion.
- Altitude mountain sickness is easier to treat in the early stage.
- The main treatment for all forms of mountain sickness is to go down (descend) towards lower altitude as fast you can with support of our guide and staff.
- Extra oxygen should be given, if available.
- People with severe altitude mountain sickness should be admitted to a hospital or evacuated by any means of transportation the fastest is by Helicopter.
- Remarkable Adventure Trek suggests you Polyacrylamide (Diamox) because this medicine helps you to feel better if you are trekking in high altitude areas.
- It also helps you to reduce mild symptoms. This medicine works best when you take it before you start gaining much higher altitude. Beside our advice please consol with your doctor.
While climbing higher elevation:
- Drink plenty of fluids (water-plain black tea-lemon-tea or nutritional value drinks).
- Avoid alcohol
- Eat a lot of garlic’s (this is local way fighting altitude).
- You should avoid high altitudes if you have heart or lung disease.
Note: In case of emergency, you will be immediately airlifted by Helicopter to Kathmandu.
Flight Delay in Kathmandu and Lukla:
The best and shortest way to reach Everest area is by air to Lukla. This 30 minutes fight offers breathtaking views of the Himalayan peaks. Sometimes, due to bad weather in the mountains, these small aircraft cannot land or take off. In such situation, we will attempt taking a flight the next day depending upon availability and weather condition. If a second flight is not available, Remarkable Adventure Trek will arrange a chartered helicopter which has better visibility in inclement weather. The cost of charter helicopter range from US$500 to US$3,400 depending on the number of interested and willing passengers, clients are fully responsible for this extra fare which will be paid to Remarkable Adventure Trek head office as soon you land in Kathmandu.
You will be given a receipt to use and to submit to your travel insurance company back home to claim for some refund.
What Makes This Trip Different?
Remarkable Adventure Trek works for social causes with some non-profit organization of Nepal, concerned with environment conservation and preservation includes street children who need better education and good normal life. We help and support for the cause with some of our profits to a certain organization so that we can make street children with sound and better life when they grow up.
We believe that education and healthy children make more stable and better future of Nepal.
For donation, Sponsorship, and Volunteering, please contact to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Amazing views on daily walks in the shade of world highest peaks.
- Exploring traditional Sherpa farm villages of immense Buddhist culture.
- Walking into serene woodland of tall rhododendron-pines and oaks trees.
- Visit of old Buddhist monasteries of great interest of immense culture.
- Exceptional views of world’s highest peaks around beautiful Imjatse valley.
- Trek and climb on top stunning Island peak with breathe taking panorama.
What To Expect
- Accommodation Type
- Travel Strategy
Related Trips updating soon !!.