Namobuddha Day Hiking: After having breakfast, we drive from Kathmandu to Dhapasi, 35 km, for one and half hours through an ancient Newar town called Panuti. From Dhapasi, we follow the uphill hiking trail, cross a suspension bridge and pass through small villages. We will see a huge rice field on the way. The hiking trail is easy. In Dhulikhel, we have an option of staying in a resort or drive back to Kathmandu. Namobudha is situated at the top of Panauti and is an important Buddhist pilgrimage. At this top, there are stupas and shrines, and it is here where a legendary prince named Mahasattva offered himself to a starving Tigress who has several underfed cubs. This story is depicted on a stone which lies close to a holy stupa.
- Day 1 Drive from hotel to Dhapasi and hiking starts.
We will reach Namobudha by hiking after 2 hrs, visit this ancient Buddhist religious place and its surroundings, including Newari villages and then hike to Dhulikhel to see the snow-capped mountains, enjoying a view. After that where we drive back to Kathmandu.
Cost Information1. What's Includes
- Professional government license holder RAT hiking/Tour guide,
- All ground Transportation,
- Pick up and drop off by private tourist vehicle,
- Government Taxes and Permits,
- Lunch and dinner.
- Personal Expenses,
- Emergency evacuation,
- Acholochic hot and cold drinks.
Date & Availability
Frequenty Asked Question's
Trip Equipment & Packaging List
For your trip preparations, Remarkable Adventure Trek provides you with related information and advice required for your adventure holiday trip in and around Nepal Himalaya and beyond, providing you with following equipment list for the trekking. If it’s too much to carry from your home country some of the necessary equipment can be hired or bought in Kathmandu around at Thamel or in Pokhara as well. Most of the equipment is general and standard lists for all seasons while on the trek but may differ as per the season and duration of trekking and areas of your chosen trip.
- A small daypack
- Sunglasses & sun-block
- Sports shoe
- Sun Cap
- Camera/music player
Remarkable Adventure Trek operates and runs all high altitude treks and climbs with the support of our expert and veteran guides who has been in these profession for more than two decades, all our guide have undergone with much training and attending workshop on related fields every year like Medical Course with enough knowledge of AMS (Acute Mountain Sickness) and proper use of Gamma Bag or Portable Altitude Chamber (PAC) pressure bags when required on emergency purpose on high AMS symptoms and to work on minor medical problem treatments.
Causes of Altitude Mountain Sickness:
- Altitude mountain sickness is caused by reduced air pressure with lower oxygen levels at high altitude.
- The faster you climb to a high elevation, more likely you will get altitude or acute mountain sickness (AMS).
- Difficulty in sleep.
- Dizziness or light-headed
- Loss of appetite
- Nausea or vomiting
- Rapid pulse (heart rate)
- Shortness of breath with exertion
- Altitude mountain sickness is easier to treat in the early stage.
- The main treatment for all forms of mountain sickness is to go down (descend) towards lower altitude as fast you can with the support of our guide and staff.
- Extra oxygen should be given, if available.
- People with severe altitude mountain sickness should be admitted to a hospital or evacuated by any means of transportation the fastest is by Helicopter.
- Remarkable Adventure Trek suggests you Acetazolamide (Diamox) because this medicine helps you to feel better if you are trekking in high altitude areas.
- It also helps you to reduce mild symptoms. This medicine works best when you take it before you start gaining much higher altitude. Besides our advice please console with your doctor.
While climbing higher elevation:
- Drink plenty of fluids (water-plain black tea-lemon-tea or nutritional value drinks)
- Avoid alcohol
- Eat a lot of garlic’s (this is local way fighting altitude)
- You should avoid high altitudes if you have heart or lung disease.
Note: In the case of emergency, you will be immediately airlifted by Helicopter to Kathmandu and transfer you to nearest and best hospitals.
Nobody knows or cares about the safety of your group better than our guides because they know how to cope with the unexpected situations that occasionally arise in the high altitudes of the Himalaya. In these situations, it is vital that trekkers are flexible and listen to the guides’ directions. The trip that you are on may be affected by weather, politics, or even wildlife. Whatever the factor may be, it is possible you may have some changes in your itinerary, as the seasoned guides of Remarkable Adventure Trek decide the safest option for you. If changes must be made to your trip, our guides will work hard to stick to your original itinerary as much as possible until the change becomes unavoidable. However, Remarkable Adventure Trek will not be responsible for an outcome, resulting from bad weather, wildlife, or political situation before, during, or post trip.
WHAT MAKES THIS TRIP DIFFERENT FROM OTHERS?
Trek Remarkable Adventure Trek works for social causes with some non-profit organizations of Nepal, concerned with environment conservation and preservation includes street children who need better education and good normal life. We help and support for the cause with some of our profits to certain organizations so that we can make street children with sound and better life when they grow up. We believe that education and healthy children make more stable and better future of Nepal.
For donation, Sponsorship, and Volunteering, please contact to firstname.lastname@example.org
Related Trips updating soon !!.